Friday, May 10, 2013

Twin Saint Jude Medals: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXV

Twin Saint Jude Medals:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXV

A kind Etsyian left this story for me!  New creative inspirational lives for twin Saint Jude medals!



This pair went to an Etsyian who is giving these a beautiful new life by turning them into jewelry for a high school graduate who has a heart for Saint Jude.  This high school junior volunteered her summer to raise money and collected gifts to insure patients at St. Jude hospital a Merry Christmas! 

What a memorable gift for both of them and myself!


Saying Good-bye:  My religious medal collection is dwindling at a faster rate than anticipated, but they all are going to good causes, so letting go is turning into joy!  Looking back, I couldn't have said that very often back when  I first began this HoarderRehab journey.

There's joy that someone is making a memorable handmade gift from something of mine as a meaningful way to show gratitude for another's kindness and dedicated volunteering.

This story brings back memories of when I volunteered in high school at a children's school for the deaf and of the many students who returned to their class to volunteer to help me and my students during their vacation time.

What I Learned:

1.  Letting go of my hoarded items has brought me and others more than I thought possible.  I feel more free and unburdened than when I first started October 11, 2012.  Now it's much easier to live in the moment, instead of holding on to the past.

2.  It was so nice to get a story after a short dry spell and so good to hear that young people in high school are volunteering during their summer months to help cheer up others for a future date.

Thank you Etsyian from VintageToGoetsy for taking the time to share your story and for creating something meaningful out of my unused hoard for a young hospital volunteer as a graduation gift.  Both stories of your and her kindness have come a long way to reach me and it's much appreciated!

Thank you Etsy for making all this possible!

Thank you US, UK, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Slovenia for your visits through the week, as more stories from HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things via VintageToGoetsy start again!  click on the three links to the shops to see my collection of religious medals.

Related Religious Medal Stories:

5.  With information on the origins and designer of the Miraculous medal: Hans Vilhelm Hansen's Version of  St. Laboure's Miraculous Medal:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXVI 
 
Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All Time FavoriteMy Louis Vuitton Collection

My Louis Vuitton Collection Update from May 3, 20132nd to the Last of Piece of my LV Collection



No comments:

Post a Comment