Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Snail Mail Story Alert! 100 Teacher Destash Stickers, The Destiny of Things, Story #111

A story from snail mail about 100 teacher destash stickers!  Story #111


I am so happy to get snail mail! I love the first glance of a cancelled stamp and seeing if I recognize the handwriting on the envelope!  This person wrote me back write away too!  Which I must say I can't say the same for myself, but as soon as I get some continuous good sleep I will do so!

Here is a pic of the 100 stickers:

 
I am most likely overly curious about what happens to my collections and items and often wonder how someone who buys them is going to use them.  And I usually ask about it in my thank you letter to them and I usually speculate, so in case they don't write me back I have at least left it to my imagination.

For example, are these stickers going to a teacher in another state? going to a sticker collector? 90's collector?

I was so happy to hear that she and her twin sister are very nostalgic and these stickers satisfied their cravings for their 90's good ol' days with it's bright colors and patterns.


Now this Etsy buyer brought up a subject that I thought only pertained to myself!  So this is where I found a connection to a non hoarder, yet a clue to my hoarding!

She said, she wasn't sure what she's going to do with them! because when it comes to stickers, it's a very sticky situation because you can't remove it once it's there.  I do the same thing with limited and unlimited items!  I am so indecisive about using it because once it's stuck, it's stuck!

I not only do this with stickers, but I do it with all kinds of things, like fabric, paper ephemera, washi tape, and plastic charms, etc.  I even feel a little stressed about it when I'm getting down to the last several and try to save them for something extra special!  Right now I'm getting down to the last of my favorite square card stock and I'm hoping I can find some more!

In the 90s I started a quilt and have been looking for this special orange fabric called cheddar cloth to finish it and some other fabric with tiny random stars!  Maybe I'm just using these ideas as barrier excuses to not finish them?


Saying Goodbye:  Honestly, I saved at least 100 of these stickers for myself.  I had so many that I used to put them in envelopes to my friends with children and have given away piles to let them pass out at school.  And yes, of course I saved my favorites ones as I sorted through these to make sure there weren't many duplicates in each 100.  My favorites were in Keith Haring style and I don't think I let even one get away!

I think I still have several 100 of these and you can find 100 of them here at HoarderRehab or a different 100 here at VintageToGoetsy.  Pencil topper stickers here.  JunkDrawerLoveEtsy has a page of tiny 500 teacher stickers here.

What I Learned:

1.  I'm not the only one who needs a surplus because once it's placed it's permanent.  I have the same problem with cutting into fabric too because once that's cut there's no going back.  It's probably why I end up with a hoard, instead of using the items.  I'm not sure how to get over that.  Anyone out there have a solution?

2.  I was talking to another Etsy shop owner the other day and she said that she loves walking into her quilt room and seeing it all organized with all the wonderful fabrics all sorted and waiting for her to use, but doesn't like to cut into them either!

I will know that I've dehoarded when I can walk into the second room as a music art room and see it all organized and ready to play in with music and art!  I hope by then I'll be able to use everything without hesitation and pure peacefulness!

3.  I guess I'll just have to cut into them or use them and see what happens and when I run out, I guess it's time to move on to using something else.  Hopefully I'll get rid of this insomnia again and then I know for sure I won't be as indecisive.

How do you feel cutting into your new favorite fabric or using your last favorite sticker?  Any suggestions on how to fight the feeling of how I feel in "What I Learned: #1?"

Thank you Etsy buyer for snail making my week brighter by mailing your story and taking the time to hand write it out in such beautiful and unique print.  I wonder if your twin's writing looks similar.  Thank you for the hand decorating the envelope too.  Your sweet and kind words keep me motivated and inspired to continue my HoarderRehab and brings with it insight to help me break these chains!  Thanks again!

Thank you Etsy for bringing together another amazing story for an Etsy buyer seller connection that brings the best of both worlds to help me with my HoarderRehab and the Destiny of Things!

Thank you US, Russia, Ireland, China, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore for keeping me and my HoarderRehab company during many sleepless nights!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 46 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!

Related Stories:

1. My first snail mail story:  World Globe Key Chains 

2.  These 100 stickers went inside a treasure chest:  100 Sticker Story

3.  Another 100 went to an Etsy shop owner with hoarder tendencies:  Different 100 Sticker Story

No comments:

Post a Comment