Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Teacher Date Stamper: The Destiny of Things, Story #109

Teacher Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story #109

This is a wish come true!  A "destiny as infinity" wish happened with a "must have" teacher tool!


And I thought the service bell and receipt spike were "must have" teacher tools, but here's another one!  If I would have kept the ones I used while teaching they would be vintage by now!

I had several of these of these, it's so handy for record keeping!  One that never left my desk (so it never got lost), one for centers and one for students.  The date stamper is incredibly handy for dating field trip slips or any other classroom papers that need to go home with a date on it! even for grading papers and tests when students forget.

And at the beginning of the year they forget "the date" so much, I felt like a broken record saying countless times through the first days and weeks of Back to School, "remember your name and date!"  This date stamper is so helpful.  I would pass it around during assignments and especially during journal writing, it was called, "Sustained Silent Writing" or SSW back then.  It was also a reminder to write their name on papers because they could stamp the date under their name on the right upper hand corner of each paper.

Anyways....



I have sold several of these, but none of them returned with a story until  the end of last month! 

At the shop, The Destiny of Things, I usually right an "Untold Destiny" blurb of where or how I'd like an item to be useful and several of them, including this one have come true! 

A kindergarten teacher said she's going to save a lot of time by stamping the date on their papers!  Another "destiny as infinity" wish came true!  It's going to a be a "must have" teacher tool to someone out there!



Saying Goodbye:  Of course, I've kept one of these for myself, but I use it to date my art work.  I still have several available, so if you would like one you can find them at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy or The Destiny of Things.  Just click on the shop names and it will take you directly to the date stamper.


What I Learned:

1.  It seems more and more likely that I can turn my hoarding ways into a good thing as I learn new skills and use other alternatives, like crafts to break my chains!

2.  I would like to get back to quilting, however my sewing machine has piles of stuff on it still and although there's more room in the music art room, it still isn't workable.  So for now I've been making washi tape quilt cards on the dining room table as an alternative to going out and buying more things for all the art projects rolling around in my head!

This alternative seems to working until I have more room for fabric quilting again.  Here's a few:











They and more can be found at HoarderRehab here and The Destiny of Things here.

What alternatives have you found to change something in your life?   I hope to add exercise soon!

Thank you Etsy buyer for leaving me a short email letting me know my wish came true!  I'm all my hoarder items have found better and lives and homes, but it's so much better to hear about it!

Thank you Etsy for helping me and my HoarderRehab by connecting me and my things to kind Etsy buyers that help me stay focused on freeing myself from my hoard and moving on!

Thank you US, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Poland, China, Norway, UK, Israel, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Ukraine, Singapore, Armenia, India, Germany, Mexico, Canada, Denmark, France, Australia and Japan for your visits since my last posting about my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 31 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!

More teacher or educational items can be found here at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy in one section and other teacher supplies here at HoarderRehab and the other shop, The Destiny of Things!

Related Stories:

1.  My other "must have" teacher tools, I kept close at hand:   Service Bell and Receipt Spike

2. "Destiny as Infinity":  How I got the idea of "untold destiny" wishes through a mish mash of thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment