Monday, October 22, 2012

HoarderRehab Ephinany

 HoarderRehab Epiphany #1

A Sale, A Bargain, A Deal:  A hoarder's dream until it becomes a nightmare!

I often get epiphanies of all sizes while I write about whatever I'm listing on etsy.  Today it was when I was describing the Pumpkinstein cards I made last weekend. We had gone to the store to pick up ziploc bags and I ended up buying -of all things- stationery cards!  Of course, I thought it was harmless since they were super cheap on sale, but could I stop at one set?  No, I had to buy two sets of each kind!!!  mr. oz made me put one set down- it was all he could get out of my grip! 

Another slight deviation from plans of my self imposed ban from buying! Needed ziploc bags and came home with these cards too!  That's how I looked when I got home!  Buyer's Remorse?

I bought them because I can pass on the savings to etsy clients and sell them for less than the other ones I made due to lower material costs, get rid of my construction paper hoard from my teaching years and because they are so fun to make!  Next year, if I my hoard hasn't sold out and I'm still selling on etsy, I think I'll skip the card part and make them as garlands.  I hope garlands are still "in" on etsy next year!

As I was listing these cards to sell on etsy, I began to think about what will happen if they don't sell.  Will I need to store them til next year?  Quickly mail them out to family and friends two days before Halloween?  They aren't generic enough to give away as gifts for Christmas or birthday.

Me, after I saw how many cards I made and realized I just added more to my hoard!

So here I am with a double sided whammy epiphany!  How far in the future do I, as a Hoarder think ahead?  Me, obviously not far enough, but it seems I am now.  Two different choices and both on sale? Can't decide? Why not buy both!!!! Simply harmless because they are on sale?  All I can say is I hope the savings are appreciated by someone out there! Any sale is a hoarder's dream until it becomes a nightmare. What is the nightmare part for me as a hoarder?  I totally digressed from my ban on buying, especially craft items and without thought added more to my hoard.  Are bargain sales as dreamy as they used to be for me or are they a Hoarder death trap?  Well, at least the stationery cards that say "Thank You" on them I can put in customer packages, but the pumpkinstein cards?  I hope someone loves these and all is not lost!  Until then their fates are unknown!

All in all it was worth it!  It's been one of my cheaper and more fun lessons in curtailing my Hoarder Ways!
Thank you for the visit and taking part in my HoarderRehab!  See more Pumpkinstein Art cards at HoarderRehab on etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment