Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Destiny of Things: My Hoard of Vintage Linens, Story IV

The Destiny of Things:  My Hoard of Vintage Linens, Story IV

I have two or three medium to large flat rate boxes of vintage linens, consisting of napkins, table cloths, curtains, pillow covers, hankies, aprons, scarves, baby bibs, tea towels, feed sack towels, and sofa/chair coverings, etc.  Plus some ziplocked linens from my college days of thrifting.  These linens are in all types of styles, embroidery, tatting, cross stitch, crochet, hardanger, crewel, etc. Can you picture my hoard of linens?  I bought them in bulk for art and sewing projects that I haven't made in years, except for a handful of hankie sachets.  I don't know why but they are very difficult for me to part with and of all the things that have sold, my most regretable so far.  Very strange and odd, if I do say so myself!

I actually regret selling this blue bird linen, even though I hadn't used it or made something out of it for several years. I still can't figure out why it's so difficult!



Here is another linen I regret selling, but not as badly as the blue bird linen.  I seldom use an apron, but maybe this was a bib.  Either way, I have little use for both and it seemed too nice to cut up and reuse, but maybe I could have upcycled them!

Here are some linen handkerchiefs that I don't regret selling and were easier to let go because I knew I would never used them, I don't know any Anne's who spell their name with an "e" and they were too delicate to make sachets.  

Even with this nice note from Anne, these were a more difficult than I thought to let go...

 Note from Buyer Thanks! I have a lot of "A" handkerchiefs, but it'll be cool to have some "Anne" ones! 

Saying Good-bye: These linens gave me a twinge of nervous anxious conflict.  "Absurd", I say, "absurd", however I don't know why.  Oh well, another hoarder mystery to me.

Needless to say, I'm not keen on  listing any more linens.  I will need to dig deep as to why I cling to so many of them.  I can not possibly upcycle all of them and I should be able to let them go to a good home.  I do have a set of Scandi tea towels for sale on VintageToGoetsy.  I will need to deal with this hoarding linen issue when the time comes and they sell.

Anyone have the same issues?  or is it just me with this non sensible problem?  Hopefully I can make sense of it in the future!

Thank you for taking part in my HoarderRehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment