Friday, October 26, 2012

The Destiny of Things: Wedding Jars Story III

The Destiny of Things:  Wedding  Apothecary Jars Story III

The apothecary jars were purchased in my last buying spree a few years ago.  I bought them to display my shell collection in the bathroom,  so I could escape to the beach while taking a bath.  The collection of shells are from relatives when they worked at Disneyland in the 50s, my own shell collecting as a child and later collected as a tangible teacher resource that students could touch, smell and listen to the ocean to their heart's content.

I still haven't decided what to do with my huge shell collection, but the apothecary jars went on sale in the shop, VintageToGoetsy and sold.

Saying Good-bye:  The jars were easy to say good-bye too because there weren't any memories attached to them and they went to a good cause, but the shells are another story!
This is the email story from the bride:

I'm getting these for the candy bar at my wedding, and I think I'm just going to stick with the apothecary jars.  Thanks!

What a unique idea!  A candy bar at a wedding using my apothecary jars!  I felt honored and relieved that they went to a good home and will hold special memories for the newlyweds! 

Thank you for taking part in my HoarderRehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment