Monday, February 17, 2014

80s Rainbow Works Educational Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 162

80s Rainbow Works Educational Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 162

These traveled all the way to Australia too!

photo via Etsy shop, Hoarder Rehab, more educational teacher destash here

Just like the last Friday's posting, (I try to post every Mon, Wed and Fri as 3 times a week therapy) about an Underwater theme party in AU, read it here, these just happened to find a new home there too!


 
 
Hi! Okay, I will add shipping costs for you. I am sorry shipping with tracking is so much to Australia.

We can not be responsible for the item once we mail it to you without tracking or insurance, but we have shipped several packages to AU without issues or extra custom delays and costs, but not so lucky with some other countries.

Thank you for your order! Are you a teacher and using these in the classroom? I just had to ask as a curious recovering hoarder!

Kind regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 140+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

 photo via Etsy shop, Hoarder Rehab, more educational teacher destash here


Hi Kennedy,

Shipping costs are very high indeed! Thanks for sorting the costs. I appreciate it! Yes, I am a teacher and the school term will begin in a couple of weeks time. I really look forward to receiving the cards and using them in the classroom!

I admit I am a hoarder too... Just not quite ready for rehab !!



 
 
 
Hi! I used to be an inner city teacher in Los Angeles and as a recovering hoarder, I am so happy to hear these will be used in a classroom by a teacher in Australia! I will discount 10% of your order because I think all teachers deserve a little break and will also send as many of my teacher destash stickers before the weight changes any shipping costs!

If you don't mind me asking what grade you teach?

It took me 30 years to rehab my hoarding ways! I still have a hard time believing all the teacher stuff I still have after donating a three car garage full when I retired! Not to mention all the other stuff I've accumulated!

I hope I can use your story on my blog and I will leave you anonymous.

Enjoy your time off and best wishes towards your new school year!

Kindest regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 140+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com


 
 
Thanks very much Kennedy.

I'm very grateful. I teach kindergarten in Sydney and I'm always on the lookout for wonderful teaching resources for the classroom! Of course you can blog to your hearts content and I do appreciate the anonymity.

All the best for the NewYear!
Many thanks!

photo via Etsy shop, Hoarder Rehab, more educational teacher destash here
I'm working on my motivation to write a posting on shipping as a techless Etsy newbie hoarder, but it's a lot of quite daunting information and somewhat boring yet necessary as an Etsy shop owner.  If you are curious, a package like this with tracking cost about $25.00 to ship to AU and it was about $10.00 without tracking.

USPS shipping is mind boggling and basically goes by four criteria: zip code, type of package, dimensions and weight. All I can say is I can barely navigate my way around Etsy, so you can imagine me on the USPS site!  It's a whole new apple and orange world over there!

I hope the Rainbow Works Ways to Go made it there safe and sound and is providing some intriguing fun in a classroom now!
photo via Etsy shop, Hoarder Rehab, more educational teacher destash here 

Saying Goodbye:  I still have plenty of teacher educational items to list, despite my mega purge when I retired, so I am still in good company with much of it.  The test of time will be when I get to the bottom last item of it. 

What I Learned:

1.  It's good to hear, I'm not the only "admitted" hoarder around!

2.  It's easy to be a hoarder as a teacher because every student's needs are different and getting to know them and figuring how to best learn with them is like a complicated puzzle at times.  There are so many factors to consider besides motivation, interests, modality, English level, curriculum level, etc, even favorite color can be helpful in finding common grounds!

I mean, one would be surprised what one highly motivated tactile learner could learn from these "Ways To Go" cards.  Even though they say they are for pre school, "Ways to Travel" used to be a third grade standard along with the Seven Seas and Continents.

I was an inner city third grade teacher but my students ranged from mostly Spanish only readers to a handful of English readers and when I first start teaching third grade, many didn't know the alphabet in either language, so cards like these came in handy.

3.  I noticed I have many educational items still new in their package.  I think it's because I bought multiples because for me it was not easy finding resources, so when I found them I just bought them!  Also, I taught at year round schools and each teacher never had their own classroom.  Two or three classrooms were always shared by 3-4 roving rotating teachers.  Sometimes it was just easier to keep the same thing in each class, instead of digging around for it when I needed it!

I am so happy those days are long gone and hope teaching is less complicated now.

As a child, what was your favorite educational toy?  I think mine were games and songs!  It was so much easier and fun learning and practicing with a game or song.  I think I still have the Billy Goat's Gruff Rap still memorized from years of teaching it  in the 90s as a different version to a traditional folk story.

Here we go, here we go, kick it!  "Way up in the mountains all covered in snow, was a place were people didn't like to go, it was dangerous and scary, but that wasn't the reason why everyone avoided it in any season.... Nobody liked the rickety bridge that crossed the river at the highest ridge..."  The Rough Gruff Goat Brothers Rap by Jean Chardiet.

Thank you Etsy buyer from Australia via Hoarder Rehab for your story to help me with mine!  Kudos to all teachers "out there" either in the trenches or not!

Thank you Etsy for helping me find new lives and home for my hoard and for helping me break my chains!

Thank you US, United Arab Emirates, China, Slovakia, Canada, Lithuania, Russia, UK, India, Japan, Turkey and others for your weekend visits and joining me in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things adventures!   
 

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 97 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!

Maybe you'll find something to and give it a new life and share your story with me!

Related Stories:  More inner city teacher stories from hoarded teacher realia!

1.  Freddie the Frog:  Forgiving my inner city teacher past! Read here 

2.  Puffer Fish Boy Friend Christmas Gift:  Best student realia ever, read about it here   

3.  Receipt Spike and Service Bell:  Some of the best teacher tools ever

4.  How to Use 100 Corks:  Free teacher resource from my family and friends, here

5.  Polaroid Camera Story:  teacher memories of trials and tribulations!

6.  US Puzzle Maps here, more funny dark truthful funny teacher drama trauma! 


Thanks for stopping bye!

"Rule number one is get your work done and rule number two is to hell with it." -- Ray Bradbury quote to Stuart Gordon, I read in the article, Stuart Gordon: H.P. Lovecraft, Ray Bradbury and the Museum of Jurassic Technology  By  

No comments:

Post a Comment