Monday, March 3, 2014

Large Crown Charm: The Destiny of Things, Story 168

Large Crown Charm:  The Destiny of Things, Story 168

An artistic soul reached out to me this morning!


photo via VintageToGoEasy

 
 
Yes I collect Rosary's from all over , I have some old bone beads I will put that great crown on and hang it in my house . I love that it is large . Thank you so much . I love things that remind me of what Jesus has done for all of us !!!

photo via VintageToGoEasy

I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see this crown in all it's new glory with it's bone bead beauty in it's new home when it's hung!

This is from a time, when I first started teaching on the last day of Christmas break, December 23, which is chaotic for an inner city teacher that roves at a year round school, meaning not one teacher has their own classroom, so before Christmas break, not only did we have to clear out the room of our stuff and take all the Christmas decorations, bulletin boards, etc down and get it ready for the next teacher, while maintaining the grand finale of the holiday party for happy third graders can get crazy!

I remember dragging myself to TJ Maxx after work, filling up a shopping cart with Christmas gifts for friends and family, dropping it all on the dining room table and going to sleep!

The next day, I wrapped everything up.  It was quite a blur, but I do remember all my aunts and uncles loved the large bronzed metal deers with antlers that held candles and having a bunch of other stuff left over.

I'm not big on returning items or standing in line and as a hoarder was happy to keep the rest!  This crown was an inset charm to a pair of candle holders.  I've only found one of the candle holders so far and it now displays a very large nose ring from India my Aunt gave me as a necklace.

-Inset photo of it here of candle holder-

  photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I have kept this piece for decades thinking I was going to use it, but never have, so I'm happy to hear it went to someone who loves it as much as I do and is going to be used in an art piece!  Thank you Mary!

What I Learned:

1.  That was the last time I ever did last minute Christmas shopping, since then I've planned my Christmas list well in advance and have my holiday shopping complete usually by Halloween.  This year I am going to revive a family tradition and make my gifts!

2.  It's getting easier to let go of my hoard again and I'm always delighted and surprised when someone, like Mary makes it into something more beautiful just as I had intended.  It motivates me to keep going with my Hoarder Rehab journey and reminds me to use whatever stuff I have left in my art pieces.

Many thanks Mary for making today a brighter Monday morning!  Thank you for reaching out to me and for the inspiration to keep using art as an alternative to my hoarding ways!  Thank you for finding an endearing way to show that I have something in common with others and we are all connected.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!

Thank you US, China, Palestine, Brazil, UK, Ukraine, Canada, Belgium, Indonesia and Germany for your support as I continue moving forward with my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 100 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-2 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Keep an eye open for my handmade things which is my alternative to hoarding now!  Thanks for looking!

Thanks for stopping bye!

"In self trust all virtues are comprehended." ---WWE

No comments:

Post a Comment