Friday, March 7, 2014

Paper Lace Heart Doily Doilies: The Destiny of Things, Story 170

Paper Lace Heart Doily Doilies:  The Destiny of Things, Story 170

These were in a Valentine exchange and returned with photos and stories!

photo via The Destiny of Things, more 6 inch heart doilies available here and 3" ones here and I have large  10.5 inch heart doilies, request them and I'll list them asap!

These were another overbuy with an art project in mind and then forgotten!  I do remember what I want to do with these smaller 3" paper lace hearts, if I can find the rest of the project idea things!

Anyways, these went to an exchange and here is the email explaining it:

Hello!

My name is Tearah Muns, I am the host for the party blog To Entertain. While browsing Etsy, a few items in your shop caught my interest. I am currently planning a Mother-Daughter Valentines Brunch, to debut February 14th, and I would love to feature some of your items! The party will be elegant and fun, and of course up to our blog's standards of excellence. The event will feature lovely flowers, hearts, and lace, all in a park setting perfect for our younger guests. I'll be entertaining around 20-30 ladies, and your heart doilies would be certain to highlight the event. Would you be willing to exchange for a feature in our Valentine's Day blog post? You'd receive a shout out and review in the post, complete with links back to your shop, a feature on the side panel of our blog and posts in both our Facebook and Pinterest pages.

I am specifically interested in your Floral Heart Paper Lace Doilies, I think two dozen would be sufficient for the elegant and whimsical feel that I am aiming for.

Visit our blog and check out past party posts at toentertain.wordpress.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tearah

Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/154825682/12-medium-size-6-floral-heart-paper-lace

and after many emails one of my replies:


Hi Tearah!

I'm so happy they will be perfect! Please send me the link when you post about them! Thank you so much for the exposure and promotion! Hope you and the ladies have a LOVEly Valentine's day brunch!

Kennedy

Here are some of the photos from the event and emails below:

 As seen in the photo, 6 inch heart doilies available here and 3" ones here and I have large  10.5 inch heart doilies, request them and I'll list them asap!



 
Hello,
The Doilies were perfect and Beautiful!!
The post is up & here are some photos of your item for your personal business use.

Please remember to check out our blog & share with friends!

Thanks again,
Tearah

toentertain.wordpress.com
www.pinterest.com/toentertain/
www.facebook.com/to.entertain.blog


 As seen in the photo, 6 inch heart doilies available here and 3" ones here and I have large  10.5 inch heart doilies, request them and I'll list them asap!
 

 
Hi Tearah!

Thanks for the links and promotions! The post is beautiful and I'm happy to hear the doilies worked triple duty as table confetti, kids crafts and memory keepsakes!

Thanks again with much appreciation,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoeasy
www.etsy.com/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 160+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com

  As seen in the photo, 6 inch heart doilies available here and 3" ones here and I have large  10.5 inch heart doilies, request them and I'll list them asap!

The Valentine brunch for 20-30 was decorated from many other fellow Etsy shops too.  It must have been really fun setting it all up!  And I am so thankful that my heart doilies could be part of it as table decor confetti!



Saying Goodbye:  I suppose if I could remember what I was going to do with these I wouldn't be letting them go and as a recovering hoarder I am reluctant to let them go, in case I remember, but since I'm trying to start new habits and patterns here they are....

What I Learned:

1.  I am such a paper hoarder!  Here is another reminder to write projects down as they come to me, otherwise I am left with too many supplies!  At least I'm not keeping them for any reason, like "just in case" I need them later!  Read my first reminder with Martha Stewart folders here.

2.  I've never done an exchange before, so it was an interesting experience and I'm thankful that the paper lace heart doilies got some festive use and double dutied not only as table confetti, but as a craft activity to create into Valentines and then pass them out or take with them as a keepsake.

Anyone else out there who gets tons of creative ideas, gathers up all the stuff and ends up moving on to a different art project?  or is it just a hoarder thing?

Thank you Tearah for my first exchange!  And sending me your story and photos to help me with my Hoarder Rehab journey and why I hoard!

Thank you Etsy for helping me find over 600 new lives for my hoarded items as I continue my Hoarder Rehab adventures!

Thank you US, Brazil, Canada, Argentina, China, Germany, Ecuador, India, Italy, Malaysia and many other countries for visiting as I lift off my burdens through my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 100 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will resume new listings in a few days and will continue to relist 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Related Stories:  Unrealized Overbuys....

1.  The Destiny of Things:  My Hoard of Vintage Linens, Story IV, here 

2.  The Destiny of Things:  Incense Burners, Story VII, here

3.  My hoard of glass refrigerator containers, here

4.  My hoard of paper for art projects and Martha Stewart file folders, here

5.  My first epiphany of overbuys connected to other things, here

Note to self:  With dehoarding my space there does seem to be less clutter in my brain also and it does seem to be much easier to make connections to my hoarding ways and how to deal with them!

Most Read Story of the Day:  Hans Vilhelm Hansen's Version of  St. Laboure's Miraculous Medal:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXXVI, here.  

I found another beauty HVH medal and will be listing it on The Destiny of Things, next week of March 10, 2014.

Most Read Story of the Week and Month:  My Organic Toothbrush Stick called Miswak  I'm still using the same stick twig after 8 months and still loving it!  My Miswak Toothbrush Update, three months later.  

Miswak is available, here, at our HoarderRehab Etsy shop.  Four more miswak are available at The Destiny of Things, here! 

All Time Most Read StoryMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment