Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sterling Queen Mary Ocean Liner Charm: The Destiny of Things, Story 178

Sterling Queen Mary Ocean Liner Charm:  The Destiny of Things, Story 178

An email story from the day of purchase!

photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here's the email:

This purchase is going to my Niece for her seventh wedding anniversary. She was married on The Queen Mary April 7, 2007. I try to send her vintage and unique items when I find them. I know she will love this...:)

 photo via Hoarder Rehab

I am so happy that this has found a home as a seventh year wedding anniversary gift as a keepsake reminder of memories from the big day on the Queen Mary and more memories to come.

I  haven't been to the Queen Mary in years and have never seen the Princess Diana Exhibit and all the other entertainment they have there now.  I think the last time I was there was for the Grand Prix.

The Queen Mary is a historical landmark of Long Beach, California.  I had my first teaching job and house there.  Interesting memories came up from this Queen Mary charm.  

Dooley's Lumberjack, Long Beach, California

For some reason, one of them is shopping at Dooley's.  It was a hardware store that seemed to have just about everything!  I guess it's because it was another Long Beach landmark and I would shop there often for classroom supplies, especially when I started teaching in Los Angeles.  Dooley's is long gone and so is the iconic lumberjack, but I still have some chalk from the store, available here, still has the Dooley's price tag on it too!  Remember their commercials?

photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I had several of these for some reason and I think I have one more, so after this posting I'll go look for it and list it.  I do have many sterling charms and used to collect them for my mixed media art and charm bracelet, but since I'm still allergic to sterling I've stopped.

What I Learned:

1.  I've love charms! and have quite the collection!  I will need to start listing them and letting them go, since I can no longer wear sterling.  As a recovering hoarder, it's starting to amaze me of all the stuff I actually have and how far I need to go to be free of all my hoard!

2.  We've been having one family crisis after another for the past month or so, but it seems to be resolving it's self, so things can get back to normal.  I found other ways to deal with it and didn't turn to retail shopping to release my stress, worries and anxieties.  I am thankful.

Are the landmarks from your memories still around?  It seems some are and some are not.

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sending me an email last week right after purchase.  It's such a relief to know the Queen Mary charm will be celebrating such a happy occasion.  Thank you for the memories it brought to me and the reminder that I have a lot more sterling charms to dehoard!

Thank you Etsy for another harmonious transaction with a win win situation!

Thank you US, China, Canada, Brazil, Czech Republic, Peru, Russia and Germany for stopping by and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 106 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!  Find something to take home and share your story too! 

Check out my alternative to hoarding!

 "Eggs in Fresh Cut Grass"  
Abstract Easter Egg Hunt Art Print, available here

Other Seventh Year Wedding Anniversary Stories:

1.  Coincidental 7 year Wedding Copper Anniversaries:  Sacred Heart Mexican Tin Nichos:  The Destiny of Things, Story #10 and #11

"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

No comments:

Post a Comment