Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Martha Stewart File Folders: The Destiny of Things, Story 169

Martha Stewart File Folders:  The Destiny of Things, Story 169

One of my hoarder overbuys came with seven words...

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

I didn't buy these to use as file folders, but for the thick paper of the inside design.  I'm sure at the time I bought these I had the perfect idea on how to use them, but it now escapes me.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

I love the grid graphics and colors, but why I bought so many, I don't know.  As a teacher, I would have used these immediately in my classroom due to their bright colors and since they are reversible.

As a teacher I used file folders like crazy!  I used so many different filing systems, but that's long in the past now.  I still use files, I give examples on the listing here but perhaps I should use them more to organize all my collage papers!  However, just the thought of my boxes and boxes of paper to sort through sounds too overwhelming at the moment.

An Etsy buyer is using them as home organization now and that's how I use them too, but now that I'm writing about it, maybe I will put it on my "to do" list to organize my piles of collage papers.  I seem to fill up one file box a year!  Last year seems to have been envelopes with the same type of grid pattern inside and perhaps file folders!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I bought so many of these, I really wish I could remember what I thought I was going to do with the grid graphics I love so much inside them. I already have a box load of plain vanilla file folders from teaching, so I do remember I was not going to use them as file folders.  Ho- hum.

What I Learned:

1.  I guess this is a wake up call to start writing my project ideas down and another reason why I end up with piles and boxes of hoard.  I buy things with something in mind for it and then quickly move on to the next project in my head and forget about the last one.

As a recovering hoarder, I know realize I do that a lot a lot!  Just buy things with it's creative use in mind and quickly move on to the next one, so I need to stop so much buying and focus on creating.

2.  I have a lot of hoarder overbuys from projects I once had in a split moment!  My goal is to make enough room to create and use whatever I have left over.

3.  I do love that grid pattern for some reason and I did use it for one art project from the envelopes I've been collecting with the same pattern, but in black.

photo via HoarderRehab, 4 pack set of washi tape owl cards available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for your seven words that helped me so much with mine! 

Update April 9, 2014:  Thank you Rachel owner of Etsy shop, therachel  for finding a new home for two sets of my overbuy and for the little tidbit of information that so helped me find a couple of pieces to my Hoarder Rehab puzzle!  Twice you've helped me!!! Many many thanks!

Check out her art, which includes fashion from fun to daring upcycled clothes with a funny party runway theme.  Example of fun here, risque daring here and something funny, here!  Take a look and have some fun like I did today!  Plenty of smiles and giggles!

Thank you Etsy for your continued support in finding homes for my hoard and connections with people who are helping me with my Hoarder Rehab journey.

Thank you US, Ukraine, Brazil, Belarus, Canada, China, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Phillipines, Trinidad and Tobago for your visits and supporting my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 100 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-2 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Keep an eye open for my handmade collages and cards which is my alternative to hoarding now!  

Thanks for looking!

"Onwards and UPwards!"

No comments:

Post a Comment