Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Small 3" Red Heart Doilies: The Destiny of Things, Story 172

Small 3" Red Heart Doilies:  The Destiny of Things, Story 172

These went all the way to the UK!

small 3" heart doilies here, medium 6" heart doilies here and large 10" heart doilies here

Their kind Etsy buyer informed me that they are going to be decorative coasters, table confetti or something creative for an Alice in Wonderland dinner party!  How fun!  Another time I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see exactly how they function in their new lives!

For me these are another overbuy, but I do remember that I was going to cut them into smaller doilies for some collage art, so I do have a small stash put aside.  I have noticed I do have issues with cutting up new stuff whether it be brand new paper doilies like these or old textiles I've collected over the years.  I have many silk kimonos, vintage ties for men, linens and favorite old clothes waiting to be cut up, so I can breath new life into them!

The first cut is so difficult!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

I love the details on these little 3 inch heart doilies.  I think it's so fun how there are so many smaller hearts within the heart, for example, the hearts in a circle that make up the two floral designs that could also be two eyes with another heart as a mouth.  I don't know why but it reminds me of a Day of the Dead clown heart.

small 3" heart doilies here, medium 6" heart doilies here and large 10" heart doilies here


I have started a list of projects and these heart doilies are now on them, since I seem to overbuy with projects of certain items in mind and then soon after forget about it as I move on to a new project and all I do is end up with a hoard of stuff of forgotten projects!

I'm trying not to buy art supplies, but if I do I've decided to keep a list of projects on the receipt of how I'm going to use what I buy to prevent more overbuys!  We'll see how well my new way to help myself dehoard by using my supplies in during my project days keeps me from adding to my hoard. 

small 3" heart doilies here, medium 6" heart doilies here and large 10" heart doilies here


Saying goodbye:  I'm back in a space where letting go of my stuff is getting easier again.  I know it's just paper, but I do love paper!  However, when I think about the boxes upon boxes of paper I have saved for art projects, it's going to take me more than a life time use it all, let alone sort through it all!

So little time, so many projects!

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder it's taken me over a year to come to the conclusion that I collected way too many art supplies and really have no ideas as to how I was going to use them, even if I did at one time.

I may never have come to this conclusion if I had not dehoarded all the other clutter first (so far over 600 items!), so it's as if another layer of hoard has been taken away to realize there's another layer!

2.  Let's see if I actually use these in next week's project day!  It's never too early or too late to make Valentine cards!  If anything, it is on my list....

Thank you Etsy buyer from UK for helping me unload some of my overbuys at The Destiny of Things and using them in something as fun as an Alice in Wonderland dinner party!  I am so thankful for it and so happy you shared your story to help mine!

Thank you Etsy for another happy order that has brought me here today and is helping me with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you US, UK, China, Spain, France, Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Philippines and Columbia for taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!
 

small 3" heart doilies here, medium 6" heart doilies here and large 10" heart doilies here


Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 104 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will resume new listings in a few days and will continue to relist 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!  

Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
I love doilies and have round doilies too!  They come in handy for all kinds of things from easy garlands, decorative place mats to serving cookies in shallow bowls or dishes!  See 10.5" round doilies here or three sized round doilies, here.

Recap of small 3" heart doilies here, medium 6" heart doilies here and large 10" heart doilies here

Related Stories:  More of my paper overbuys...

1.  Paper Lace Heart Doily Doilies:  The Destiny of Things, Story 170  : medium sized heart doilies in pink, red or white used as table confetti, craft activity and keepsakes in an exchange.

2.  Martha Stewart File Folders, here, just love the grid graphics and bright colors!

3.  Swami or Madame X Fortune Teller Paper cards, here and here!

4.  Loteria Mexican Bingo Card Game:  I just love these vintage style graphics, read it here

5.  100 Teach Destash Stickers, here

Thanks for stopping bye!

"In self trust all virtues are comprehended." ---WWE

No comments:

Post a Comment