Wednesday, March 19, 2014

80s Binney and Smith Crayons: The Destiny of Things, Story 175

80s Binney and Smith Crayons:  The Destiny of Things, Story 175

These found new homes at a brick and mortar shop!

photo via VintageToGoEasy.  80s Binney and Smith colored chalk, here

An Etsy buyer left me a note saying that her kids at her shop love these!  Nice to know they are putting a smile on some little faces with some good old fashioned fun crayons.

photo via VintageToGoEasy.  80s Binney and Smith colored chalk, here

As usual, as a recovering hoarder I have way more stuff than I thought and part of my hoard is all my leftover teacher materials, resources and supplies.

When I first started teaching I had 28 Spanish learners and 4 English learners.  It was a full class of 32 students with varying levels of Spanish and English.  I had very little resources with 8 Holt Science books, 4 in Spanish and 4 in English and that was it for text books.

By the time I retired I had double what most teachers have because I had at least one set in English and one set in Spanish.  Teaching changed so drastically over the 20 years that none of my teacher friends or anyone else I knew could use what I had or wanted it, so donated everything to thrift stores.

It took several days with a truck to donate it all and I had thought I had donated everything, but apparently not.  As I sort and organize my boxes of hoard, I have found plenty of my teacher destash at all the our Etsy shops.

photo via VintageToGoEasy.  80s Binney and Smith colored chalk, here

Saying Goodbye:  Today I am thankful that my teacher destash has found new lives making children happy.  I still have a couple unresolved issues from my teaching days, but I'm sure after my hoard is gone and my mind unclutters I'll be able to better decide what to do about them.

What I Learned:

1.  I believe there are more caring and understanding people out there than not and I will be thankful and focus my attention and thoughts on them, instead of the angry people out there.

2.  I am thankful my hoard is dispersing and I can use this time to think about what I need to change in order to reach my goals of a Minimalistic Organic Home with a music art room.

3.  I am thankful for my friends who encourage, motivate and inspire me to continue moving forward with my Hoarder Rehab journey.

How are you doing with your New Year's Resolutions?  I may be moving slowly, but even slow progress is progress.

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for letting me know that children are enjoying the packs of crayons and I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what they create with them!  As a recovering hoarder, it's always good and such a relief to know about what happens to my stuff!  I wonder if one day, I'll be free from that.

Thank you Etsy for everything.  This is the best dehoarding outlet I've ever tried and seems to be working better than my other attempts.

Thank you US, China, Russia, Brazil, Lithuania, Pakistan, Romania, Canada and Singapore for your visits and supporting my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 107 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-2 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Keep an eye open for my handmade collages and cards which is my alternative to hoarding now! 

  Handmade washi tape card, available here
Thanks for looking!
 
Related Stories:  Teacher Destash...

 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."---Will Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment