Monday, March 17, 2014

500 Mini Teacher Reward Stickers: The Destiny of Things, Story 174

500 Mini Teacher Reward Stickers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 174

Making their way back into classrooms and other versatile uses!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Someone from Vintagetogoeasy let me know that they like stickers too and work with little children who will love getting these as rewards! 

Another person from The Destiny of Things, let me know that she's collecting classroom items before she gets her teaching credential.

And two of my friends made through Etsy use them too!  One uses them successfully with behavior cards with her grandchildren and another uses them as tape for gift wrapping !

Each single sheet holds 500 stickers which are about 1/2" squares with 16 different mini stickers!
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

I've loved stickers since childhood and it seems I kept all of my teacher classroom destash stickers since retirement because I keep finding them and have a lot of them.  I've given many boxes of them away, but I still continue to find more.

I even give them cut these up and include them in my little "thank you" packages to Etsy buyers and send US flag stickers with International packages.  My thank you package is ever evolving because I love to buy stickers and looks something like this with a thank you note tucked in it:

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here, here and here in different mixes!

My love for stickers seem to have transferred over to my love of washi tape too!  I have stopped buying stickers, but I still window shop for washi tapes!  However as I write this post, I think I have enough paper ephemera to last me several life times and will concentrate on using what I have as opposed to buying more and adding to my hoard!

I've always liked using stickers as gift wrap tape, especially with plain gift wrap.  I like to use newspaper as gift wrap and stickers add a little punch to them as well as the twine or ribbon.

I've made a few long distance friends and pen pals from Etsy and one sent me a package using them as gift tape!  I was so happy to see that someone else uses stickers that way too!

Small stickers can add such big detail.

Saying Goodbye:   I am thankful my teacher classroom destash stickers are finding their way back classrooms and to others who work with children.  And for home use for rewarding grandchildren and as gift wrap tape!

What I Learned:

1.  My love for stickers has transferred to my love of washi tape.  I hope to transfer my love of buying them to creating with what I have on art projects days, instead of buying more.

2.  I have learned from my art projects that I actually use very little.  For example, I made some red heart doily cards last week and only needed one small heart doily and my 4x6 washi tape collages use don't use much washi tapes.

I think I have enough stickers, washi tapes and paper ephemera to last me several life times!  Knock on wood, instead of famous last words!

How do you use stickers?  I also use them to decorate and seal envelopes.

Thank you Etsy buyers from VintageToGoEasy and TheDestinyofThings for sharing how you will use your page of stickers and for helping me discover that I have enough stickers and washi tape and to instead concentrate on my art projects and dehoarding rather than adding to my hoard!

Thank you Beeb for sending such a thoughtful friendship goodie package with beautiful packaging!

Thank you Etsy for not only providing a dehoarding outlet, but for connections, friendships and pen pals from all over the US and Internationally.

Thank you US, China, Brazil, UK, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine and many others for stopping by and supporting my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab, more stickers and teacher destash here,  more stickers at The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEasy and JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Keep an eye open for my handmade red heart doily cards!

Happy Monday, see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment