Friday, July 25, 2014

Mini Pirate Treasure Chests: The Destiny of Things, Story 224

Mini Pirate Treasure Chests:  The Destiny of Things, Story 224

What a surprise email to get with a photo update of these in a Pirate Themed Birthday Party!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Here is the email I received with a sweet photo of pirates digging for buried treasures!

These cute little "treasure" chests were used for my son's second birthday party which was pirate themed. We had a kiddie pool filled with sand and buried treasure that the kids got to dig in. I had many different kinds of treasure, but I especially loved these little tooth boxes because they can be used for future lost teeth. The skull bead also fit perfectly with the pirate themed party.

I remember when this order came in because it was my first request for skull beads instead of heart pony beads!  How fun!

photo Etsy buyer via The Destiny of Things

I've always loved these treasure chest tooth saver holders and so happy to see how many others it's making happy too!  What a cool alternative way to use a play pool!  Pirate maps and buried treasures!  X marks the spot!  I wonder what other treasures were found that day.  Happy memories and birthday fun!

 photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these, some are vintage and some are not.  I have collected them in various colors and shades.  I want to use them in my mixed media art assemblage and look forward to a time when I have enough room to do so.

What I Learned:

1.  Making a project list for my ideas and items collected has been a real "eye opener" to just how much stuff I have saved for my art projects.  I haven't decided what to do about my project lists because it's much longer then anticipated and not organized.

For example I wanted to use these with some Monopoly cards I have saved, but have no idea where the cards are now and I think I have two batches of cards from losing the first one!

2.  On of the biggest hurdles that I have as a recovering hoarder is that all my "too much stuff" seems to call out to me!  Put me away!  Find a better spot for me!  Take me to the trash for crying out loud!  See if Aunt so and so wants this! Read me!  Pay me!  Recycle me!  Use me in your next art project!

Just to have some peace and quiet most everything are in boxes!  So I guess I'll just use whatever doesn't get sold on Etsy in my art projects and I suspect all my favorite things will end up being last.  Which also means no more buying stuff for the sake of art projects.  Oh my.  Sigh.  I wonder if that's possible.

What's your favorite art or craft supply that you can never get enough of?  Oh so many!  but off the top of my head, nine might be paper and I think I have reached my limit!

 Too bad I can't remember where I found this photo!  This would be fun for an 
impromptu treasure hunt after a beach day!
Pirate coins here at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for emailing your story and sending an update photo!  I really appreciate it because look how much insight I dug up for myself to help me with my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you Etsy for making my Hoarder Rehab so successful with 775 items finding new live and homes!

Thank you US, Russia, Germany, Netherlands, Ukraine, France, UK, Panama, Philippines, South Africa, Canada, Chile, Norway, and many others for your support towards my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 184 items ,  The Destiny of Things-189items , VintageToGoEasy - 175 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 168 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Related Stories:

1.   My first story about the tooth keeper treasure chests, here

Other Theme Related Party Stories:






Most Read Story of the Day, Week, Month and All Time:  My Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!    
 
"Therapy only works when we have a genuine desire to know ourselves as we are, not as we would like to be." ---Dr. Hannibal Lector

4 comments:

  1. Awwe, looks like those little kiddos are having a blast treasure hunting, it's always so fun to see the follow up pictures of the afterlife of your items. Loved it!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali! As a recovering hoarder, it's always so nice to know and especially, SEE the afterlife of my well loved items! Thanks for stopping by! Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swimming pool
    /sand /treasure hunt idea. I had a relatable laugh at your description of how your items call out to you for recycling, art projects, aunt so & so etc. The solution of putting your noisy things In boxes is cute too and I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful to hear someone that's not a hoarder can relate to me! Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete