Monday, July 7, 2014

300 Large Plain Shipping Tags: The Destiny of Things, Story 217

300 Large Plain Shipping Tags:  The Destiny of Things, Story 217

Sometimes having a hoard of something has a silver lining!

Craft shipping tags with reinforced hole: large 4 3/4" by 2 3/8" #5 string strung
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here in different amounts

This person needed a rushed order and still sent her story!

I am stamping my logo on them and using them to hold smallish clips at a big sale I am hosting in 2 weeks. But we leave for Texas, where I'm hosting the sale, in one week, so I need them here before we go. I thought the office store would have them, but they didn't have ones like this.. I only checked one of three stores, but decided I'd rather support a fellow small business anyway :)

That is such a good idea.  It's like a DIY double duty business card and display card for small clips.  Of course, I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that sale and take a peek at the log and product!

Craft shipping tags with reinforced hole: large 4 3/4" by 2 3/8" #5 string strung
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here in different amounts

She's so right, these are getting more difficult to find, especially strung with string.  I've seen them strung with wire lately and they are more expensive expensive too.

I use mine for quick notes, impromptu name cards, gift wrapping, collage and stamp art.  

--for teachers these are easily safety pinned on and or tied on name tags for many different uses: reuseable too! 3d art work, bulletin boards, garlands, flashcards, water bottles, etc

--kids love to decorate these for any occasion and also love to write their wishes or fears and hang them outside on a tree to come true or to help battle fear or use them as bookmarks or keep under their pillows.

--kids love to decorate them like little kites and watch them flutter in the wind when they run! Also an addition to backpacks like a zipper pull that they made!

--mount and show off small jewelry creations, especially for Mother's day!

--from modern to rustic: garlands, textile art, paper collage, washi tape cards, journaling spot

--from shabby, woodland to vintage inspired: greeting tag cards, art tags, stamping, gift tags

How will you use them? I'd love to know in email!  For most occasions, I usually stamp mine with this vintage stamp kit:

Custom orders using these any of these stamps, here

I've used them for occasions such as, Baby Showers, Housewarming, Travel and Leisure themed Bon Voyage Cruise parties, Retirement, birthdays and Back to School.  They are great to stamp in black ink and let the little ones color using colored pencils.  Remember doing that as a child?  They can too and follow the picture or do their own thing.

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Saying Goodbye:  These are becoming more and more difficult to find now, so this will probably be my last batch.  Time to move on to crafting something else.

What I Learned:

1.  My "Hoarding without Hoarding" experiment works in this case because not only is Etsy buyer supporting another small business, but she's supporting my project days too!

2.  My "Hoarding without Hoarding" experiment is not working in other areas, but that's another story!

3.  Rushed orders are best ordered with PayPal because payment clears instantly.  Credit cards take at least one business day to clear payment, so for instance, if something is bought on Saturday or Sunday, it will not clear until some time Monday and most likely will not ship until Wednesday, unless indicated as a RUSH order because we only ship on Mon, Wed and Fri, unless a Tues or Thurs shipping day is requested.

We do our best for rushed orders requests, but some are just not possible and we only ship rushed orders that are guaranteed delivery by USPS because we have no control over the shipment once it's in their hands.

4.  It's interesting how in the beginning I was listing in bulk, until I go many requests for small amounts.  Small orders still seem to be the norm, but lately it may be shifting as I am getting requests for amounts in 100 or more, but I no longer have large amounts with most of my items now.

Still working my way to a Minimalist Organic home with a music art room!
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for taking the time to send your story despite the rush you were in and I hope you had a successful business trip with many happy sales!

Thank you Etsy for another happy transaction and the learning experience of how to best rush an order by PayPal payment with USPS shipping delivery with a money back guarantee.

Thank you US, Russian, Moldova, China, Luxembourg, Germany, Turkey, France, United Kingdom, Canada and many others for your past visits and support towards my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and two have been met at Hoarder Rehab, The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEasy, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week until all 4 shops have at least 176 items each!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 182 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 175 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 158 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
 Retirement Travel & Leisure tags, available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
 
"We give up leisure in order that we may have leisure, just as we go to war in order that we may have peace."   ~Aristotle

3 comments:

  1. is that a tansu in the background behind the first picture in this story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is, but they weren't made in Japan. I could barely afford them in college and they are from Pier 1 Imports. Weird, how I can remember that.

    Thanks for asking and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have over 3 tansus, I'll try to write a post with many photos about my tansu collection! A super mini one is at Hoarder Rehab here:

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/112152945/50s-small-japanese-jewelry-trinket

    Thanks again for your comments!

    ReplyDelete