Monday, July 21, 2014

Coca Cola Can Glass Candle Holder Cup: The Destiny of Things, Story 222

Coca Cola Can Glass Candle Holder Cup:  The Destiny of Things, Story 222

I used to collect Coca Cola memorabilia.

Coca Cola Can Glass Candle Holders available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

It's a mystery to as to why I do, but I think I'm over it now.  These are some of the last few from my collecting.  I suppose Coca Cola was a treat for most children of the baby boomer era and I was no exception, but we were only allowed to drink it on special occasions or an "out of the blue" treat.

Now a days I avoid high fructose corn syrup, but every once in awhile on a hot sunny day "out of the blue" I will have a bottled Coca Cola from Mexico made with cane sugar.  It's not organic and probably not good for my allergies, but at least Mexico doesn't allow GMO or maybe that's changed too.

photo via The Destiny of Things
available here

Here is the note I received about the order:

SO HAPPY!!!! I purchased these for a friend's birthday. Received them today, just in time for her birthday (tomorrow.) I am very pleased with these glass candle holders! They are in prefect condition! Excited about shopping again with this shop! 

And I am so happy that these made at least two people happy and just in time for a special birthday!

Coca Cola Can Glass Candle Holders available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Saying Goodbye:   I think these would look great when I have a Minimalist home and I just love these because they remind me of Pop Art Coca Cola cans that are very versatile because they can be used as candle holders, vases or beverage cups, but I just have too much stuff and will be thankful when they all have found good homes!

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder, I certainly used to buy random items without much thought except because I liked them for my collection. It's only when I get home and start to think about how they will fit in or where to display or store them, so I see where some of my hoarding habits begin and end.

For instance, how many candle holders, vases and drinking glasses do I need?  I certainly have an abundance of of all three and continue to only use my several few favorites.

2.  I just love green glass! especially green beach glass.

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for leaving me that tidbit of information because it really helped me sort out some of my hoarding habits.

Thank you Etsy for many happy sales that continue to help me and my Hoarder Rehab!

Thank you US, China, UK, Ireland, poland, Romania, AU, Grmany, Russia, Ukraine, Mexico, Malaysia, Trinidad and Tobago and others supporting my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

LAST ONE:  Small Coca Cola Juice Glasses, available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

For better or worse, which habits are you trying to change?   I'd love to change my hoarding habits, but right now, shopping seems to be an all or nothing deal.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 183 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 168 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!


 
Red Label Coke Bottles at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy here
Great vases for backyard summer BBQs and Day of the Dead table decor
photo via EvastonMedia

Related Stories: 

1.  Small Coca Cola juice cups by Libbey, here

2.  The most unique green glasses I've ever owned with a story!  Green Art Jane Product Glasses from Spain:  The Destiny of Things, Story #146

"Stop watering the weeds and start watering the flowers." ---Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. Love the daisies in the coke bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, yet so simple and easy! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete