Friday, July 18, 2014

Loteria Game DIY Mexican Theme Wedding Table Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 221

Loteria Game DIY Mexican Theme Wedding Table Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 221

I'd love to see how these turn into wedding table cards!

Loteria game set available here
photo via The Destiny of Things

Here is the note I received:

Bought these for my wedding - it's Mexican themed as my boyfriend proposed in Tulum last summer! These will be part of the table settings! They are perfect - just need to decide who gets which card, my Fiancé is a drummer so he will have the drum one! 

How appropriate a Mexican themed wedding from a summer proposal in beautiful Tulum!  and how fun deciding which guests get which cards!  I'd love to see how these get transformed on their wedding day!


Tulum, photo via Google.  Information via wiki.
Tulum is the site of a Pre-Columbian Maya walled city serving as a major port for Cobá.

We've received several large requests for these cards for weddings and other crafts!  The loteria games sell out quickly in large amounts.  We just sent out 15 orders a few weeks ago and we have a request right now for an order of 12 sets to France to be transformed into this below:

 photo via Etsyian

How beautiful and fun!

These loteria game has the traditional games and calling riddles on the back!
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Well, well, well, in this case, having a hoard might have a silver lining for me!  I used to use my favorite loteria cards in my art in the 90s and have always loved the graphics on them and now use them as part of my "thank you" fortune themed package with each order.  Now it seems others do too!

 sample "thank you" fortune package with loteria cards
photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Other people like the same things I like to hoard!  A small example are the loteria game, Fortune Fish and Swami Fortune Teller cards!  What a way to make my Hoarder Rehab into a win win situation!

2.  It's always nice to have the loteria game handy because it's fun and easy to play.  Little ones love to rip up scrap paper or go pebble hunting for markers.  It's a fun family game for all ages!

My 90s loteria art cards were in little shrines and I think I gave all of them away
but I do have photos of them somewhere in my hoard. 
one of my lastest loteria art pieces, here

Thank you kind Etsy buyer for letting me know your story with these loteria game cards which helps me think about mine!  Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both on your wedding day!  Drum on!

Thank you Etsy for best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  Every time I get overwhelmed about it I try to be more thankful for all the help from you and the Etsy community with my Hoarder Rehab journey!

Thank you US, Germany, Canada, Chile, UK, France, Norway, Russia, Ukraine, China, Luxembourg, Greece, Ireland and many others for your continued support to by taking part and visiting Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

My GOAL to have 175 items listed on each shop has been met on three shops, Hoarder Rehab, The Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEasy, so I'll be listing at least one new item daily on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy until the goal is met and am thinking of listing 200 on each shop next!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 183 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 177 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 169 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Related Stories:

1.  Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Wedding Crafts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 188, here

Most Read Story of the DayUPDATE Neon Googly Eye Outfit for Las Vegas EDC:  The Destiny of Things, Story 218 

Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!    

"Start living the life envisioned."   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the educational link to Tulum Mexico. I would love to visit there someday. Maybe I should put that on my bucket list.

    The buyer of these loteria cards in France has a fun idea. They look great hanging on different colored ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool you keep a bucket list! How many things are on your bucket list? and how many are places to go?

    Yes, there are so many creatives with DIY craft and wedding ideas that revolve around loteria cards! So fun! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete