Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Plastic Swivel Safety Clip Key Chain Holders: The Destiny of Things, Story 223

Plastic Swivel Safety Clip Key Chain Holders:   The Destiny of Things, Story 223

My LAST five green ones are getting new homes all the way to the United Kingdom!  Yippee!


Here's the email I received from Susanne, Etsy shop owner of TheGlitzyCompany:

HI Kennedy

I intend making dog harnesses. I have some fab. colorful fabric that the green ones will match perfectly.
When they arrive, I'll get cracking!

Regards Susanne

How fun!  I'd love to see how these are used for dog harnesses!  So interesting and creative.

SOLD OUT!

Saying Goodbye:   As a recovering hoarder, I never thought I'd be so happy to say these are all SOLD OUT!  It feels so good to have them all gone!  Of course, I saved a few for myself because they are so handy, especially for a backpack, purse, grocery tote, etc. which I have in everyone of my totes, especially my main Farmer's Market - Grocery tote for easy access to keys and a change purse.

I just clip my keys to it on to a zipper pull or anywhere handy and I can find my keys instantly!

What I Learned:

1.  There are many different uses for these.  My Mom makes a large purses and bags.  She sews a larger split ring into each one and adds one of these, so keys and other important things don't get lost in it.  Another Etsy buyer uses them as pacifier holders to attach to diaper bags.  Don't want to lose those in a pinch either!

2.  These are from my teacher days when I gave key chains as rewards to my class because many of my students were latch key kids and key chains helped them stay more organized.  They attached them to their backpack zippers, belt loops, or anything with a loop, etc. 

How do you keep your purse organized?  I use a backpack that has about six or more pockets in it!

Thank you Etsy buyer Susanne from  TheGlitzyCompany for ordering my last five and sending me your story and helping me with mine!  It feels so good to have SOLD OUT my last ones that I'll never hoard again!

Check out her shop, TheGlitzyCompanyHer passion is making unique, classy and glitzy cushions, paintings and pet items.  My favorites are lots of hearts here, unique beaded fringe, here and for pets here.  Click on the link to see them!

I'll have to check back often for dog harnesses!

Thank you Etsy for my last sale of plastic swivel safety clips and finding them new lives and homes to Susanne from  TheGlitzyCompany who will in turn find them new homes as dog harnesses!  Interesting to know how something is going to live on and on.

Thank you US, Ukraine, China, Canada, France, Australia , UK and many others for your visits to my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

 Another favorite item from my students back in the day
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 183 items ,  The Destiny of Things-192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 170 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
Related Stories:
 
1.   Swivel Key Chain Clasp Clips as pacifier holders in diaper bags, here
 
2.   Globe World Key Chains, another student and Etsy buyer favorite, here

“When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.” ― Basil the Great, year 0363

2 comments:

  1. "Sold Out"!! Wow, and you did it with grace instead of fear. That is forward motion. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Thanks for cheering me on!

    ReplyDelete