Monday, April 21, 2014

Blood Bag Candy Favors, Toe Tag Stickers & Fortune Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story 187

Blood Bag Candy Favors, Coroner Name Tags & Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 187

Add some Blood Bag Candy, Coroner Toe Tag and Fortune Fish and what does one get?

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, City Coroner name tags here, Coroner Toe Tag Drink Marker here
Blood Bag Liquid Candy, sold out!

A Mystery Murder Party!  So these have all gone to a Murder Mystery Party.  And now that my last Bag o' Bloods are gone, I'm getting requests!  I bought these for my mixed media ghoulish vignettes for Halloween and afterwards planned to use them with my antique broken Charlotte doll assemblage shadow box art, but they were too big!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

They are small, as in big enough for one serving of syrup on ice cream, but not small enough for how I wanted to use them.  I thought they were so cute too and funny.  I even had a few extra to pass out for Halloween, but no one came a knockin!

And if you are Sons of Anarchy fans, well then I'm sure you'll remember how Tara used hers!  Speaking of macabre I also have the murder weapon used on the show of Tara's demise.  Not the exact one used on the show, but one just like it!  A  "Henckels" meat fork I have as a set with a knife sharpener.  It's from the 80s, so let me know and I'll list it, if anyone out there wants it.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, City Coroner name tags here, Coroner Toe Tag Drink Markers here
Red syringe pen, here, other mixed color syringe pens here

I bought these to wall paper my assemblage art.  I was going to type in the dolls information for an interesting background.  I also could have used these when I was teaching for Day of the Dead party activities because not only is one supposed to use the time to honor the dead, but to talk about death.  Some cultures even lie in a coffin, as well as picnic at the cemetery of their loves ones eating their favorite foods telling funny stories and making ofrendas or shrines in their loved ones memories.

Anyways, I think they would also make great easy invitations, guest name place cards, ice breaker name tags for many different occasions and theme parties from Dexter, Hannibal, Sherlock Holmes, Vampire, Boardwalk Empire, Graduation, Retirement or anything to do with murder mysteries and the macabre!

Even games, like write up famous dead people (Dead characters to your theme party, like Walking Dead characters, Dead Poets and Authors, etc) and put all the clues on the coroner tag stickers and put one on the back of each guest and through the night they ask others "yes" and "no" questions until they figure out who they are.  My students loved playing that game with famous people!

And if you are having a Dexter or Hannibal themed party, wouldn't it be just grand to use one of these syringe pens to fill out the information?  And these would stand in quite appropriately for anyone graduating or retiring from the medical field, be it nurse, doctor, dentist, paramedic, technician, pharmacist, etc!

Red syringe pen, here, other mixed color syringe pens here   

And lastly everyone loves the mystery of the fortune fish because who knows what kind of love will be indicated in the palm of your hand!  These make great party favors for all ages and are retro replicas from the 1930s, so bring back some old memories and make new ones as the luck of the fish lives on!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, Fortune Fish available here

Saying Goodbye:  Nothing I couldn't part with and even though it was the last of my stash of Blood Bags, they were too big for my assemblage art and I still have plenty of Coroner Toe Tags if I decide to go with a macabre mixed media assemblage shadow box.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, City Coroner name tags here, Coroner Toe Tag Drink Marker here
Blood Bag Liquid Candy, sold out!

What I Learned:

1.  Even though I measure out things before I buy them, I still have difficulties with scale!  So these bags ended up the same size as the dolls!  And I don't know if it's Hoarder Inspiration or Hoarder Desperation that these have ended up selling so well.

2.  I figured out why I had a short bender of retail therapy of vintage origami books and kawaii stationery!  It's because I don't do well with holiday and family stress and Easter just rode on by!  I was so focused on not eating fried foods for Lent and staying on a vegan menu, except on Fridays that I forgot about Easter!

It didn't dawn on me until today!  Better late than never...

3.  It's amazing the requests and amounts requested for the Candy Blood Bags around the time they sold.  Also for  the syringe pens.....I've also gotten a request for the Russel Wright Carnation Cafe dishes, so I'm thinking about relisting them again on Hoarder Rehab to see to how well I fair as a recovering hoarder this time over.

How was your Easter weekend?  I'm learning what triggers my retail therapy sprees that turn into hoard and fighting one vice at a time!

Thank you Etsy buyer for letting me know that these are going to be having some fun at your Murder Mystery Party!

Thank you Etsy for finding homes and new lives for over 650 hoarded items and counting!  And for all the positive connections from many of them!  Keep them coming!

Thank you US, UK, AU, Switzerland, Hungary, Philippines, Poland, Taiwan, South Africa and many others who came this weekend to support my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 112 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!  Find something to take home and share your story too!

Another art day project as an alternative to my hoarding ways!

 My Hannibal inspired mixed media assemblage collage art card
 photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Related Stories:


2.  Fortune Fish for Spy Party Favors, here 

"It is the job never started that takes the longest to finish." ---TRR Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment