Monday, April 14, 2014

Fancy Envelopes: The Destiny of Things, Story 184

Fancy Envelopes:  The Destiny of Things, Story 184

I'm so happy I am not the only one!


As a recovering hoarder, I have been more conscious about what I buy and why I buy it.  I bought these envelopes for the design on the flap and because at the time, I needed envelopes, but didn't know if I had some in my hoard or not!

Now that I've been organizing my hoard, I have found plenty of envelopes so I'm thankful these found a new home and are being used as everyday envelopes at someone's desk!  And she said she liked the print on the flap too!


I do seem to love this pattern and also have something like it in my living room as dividing screens and window cover.  I have a large cotton textiles from India that I throw over the divider for instant window cover and take it down in the morning and fold it up and it doubles for a light covering to nap on the recliner or use as a pillow.

My living room on a good day!  This photo is from my first post here

I almost bought matching chairs and bench that went with the dividers and in hindsight I'm so glad I didn't because I do have quite the chair collection already!  But I do love that pattern!

I do keep several rooms non hoarded most of the time, usually the living room and dining room are spared.  The bedroom and kitchen are more of a struggle, but I do tidy them once a week every Wednesday.


Saying Goodbye:  I am grateful someone found the flap pattern as appealing as I did and they are now replenishing a desk of envelope supplies!  These remind me of fancy envelopes I would have bought for my classroom to mail special letters, like snail mail invitations to family, our yearly letter to the President or thank you letters to a special guest speaker.

What I Learned:

1.  I used to buy things just because I liked the pattern on the envelope flap or because it matches something in my house or because my hoard is so unorganized I don't know when any of my desk supplies need to be replenished because I can't find them when I need them!

2.  As a recovering hoarder looking back, I am so thankful I made the connection that I love this pattern and have it as room dividers and even more thankful that I didn't buy the chairs and bench that matched them.

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for leaving me kind feedback and for letting me know that you like the print on the flap too!  Also thank you for letting me know that you liked my "thank you" package! 

Thank you Etsy!  I am so grateful that it seems that eventually all my hoard will find new lives and homes!  I still have a ways to go, but at least I know that our music art room has 642 less things in it now!

Thank you US, Norway, Canada, China, Germany, India, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey, Taiwan, Guernsey, France, United Kingdom and others for your visits since Friday and taking part in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLove!  There are about 109 items listed on JunkDrawerLove and relistings to each shops daily and adding new listings weekly to all shops too!  Thanks for looking!  Find something to take home and share your story too! 

Related Story:


Thanks for stopping bye!

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.  Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles."  Ralph Waldo Emerson from his short story, "Self Reliance"

No comments:

Post a Comment