Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Block of Mini Alphabet Stamps: The Destiny of Things, Story 191

Block of Mini Alphabet Stamps:  The Destiny of Things, Story 191

An Etsy buyer is having a crafting weekend with these! and I think it's this weekend!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, block of abc's in a different font, here

I got a little note to ship as soon as possible for a crafting weekend, so I did.  It made it for either weekend!  (Over thinker here, did they mean the weekend it was ordered or the week after?)  How fun!  I love that thick font!

Just a note about ordering and payment:  I get a lot of rush orders and would love to rush them ASAP, however, we do have to wait for credit card payments to clear, which can take from 24-48 hours depending on the business day, so if one really needs a "rush" order, it's best to use Paypal because payment is instant and we package those as soon as we get them.

Also, credit card buyers seem to cancel orders more than paypal purchasers, so now, most of the time I wait for the credit card payments to clear to package for shipping because I've packaged for shipping waiting for the credit card payment to clear and when it does I find the order has been canceled.

We ship on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and get packages ready for shipment the night before, so if an order payment hasn't cleared, we wait now until it does.  We do ship on Tuesday and Thursday upon request, but bear in mind, some days it may not be possible.

Okay, that should go into my shop policies, but it's already here, so oh well.  Back to the story....

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, block of abc's in a different font, here

When I bought these I had the same idea as the Etsy buyer to craft all day long.... to stamp and craft my little heart out with them, however at the time I liked so many different fonts and couldn't settle on a favorite, so I bought one of each!!!!!

And to my dismay, the first block fell apart when I tried to use them, that story is here.  Luckily those went to a patient crafter who didn't mind carefully taking them all apart and gluing them to work properly.  My craft time is limited by space due to my hoard taking over, hence the limited time for me to craft on project days.

One day that will all be in the past and I hope to have different centers or areas set up for my various arts that I can move around from station to station kind of like teaching centered cooperative learning stations!  Remember those?  So much work for the teacher to set up and students to learn to use, but once it was up and running learning was so much more fun!  And even the nay sayers and students who bored quickly would give each station a try because it was only 45 minutes of nay or boredom!


If you are like me, I have to see how the stamp is going to "actually" print, even though it's supposed to look like the print at the top of each block, but that's usually not possible before purchase, so most of mine aren't brand spanking new because I had to see what it was going to look like first!
photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, block of abc's in a different font, here

Saying Goodbye:  I have a long lost batch of these in a box somewhere and the ones listed are the stragglers that some how got free.  I think I had picked out my favorites to try out.

What I Learned:

1.  I do so love the stamped look on my projects, but stamping out words takes time and patience with lining up each letter carefully, but perhaps I should try to be less careful and more randomly imperfect.  And even more time taking the block apart carefully just to use it!

2.  My stamp collection used to be huge, especially during my teaching days, but it's still pretty big.  Well, it might even be huge, once I find them all in the lost hoard of hoards.  Also, I tend to use the same 5 stamps over and over.  My date stamper, here, my little heart and crown, rounded asterisk and bird, as seen here

 I love stamping little doodads and stickers
Sample of my omiyage "thank you" package that goes out with every order!  Soon to come,
examples of how it's been used by one Etsy buyer, now turned friend!
photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here

3.  I am finding out that learning to stamp takes time and practice.  Other artists make it look so easy and beautiful, but I seem to stamp too lightly and need to stamp on the same area twice which is impossible to stamp exactly on the previous stamped area!  And then there is bi color and tri color stamping and so on!

What have you seen lately that looks so easy, but is not?  Although I love to stamp, I am not a natural born stamper.  No worries, other things do come more naturally.

Thank you Etsy buyer for being so excited about a craft purchase for a weekend of crafting that you sent me a note about it!  Love to be a fly on the wall and see all the different creations!

Thank you Etsy for the continued support towards my Hoarder Rehab in more ways than one!

Thank you US, Poland, Canada, South Korea, Oman, China, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Hungary and other countries for your visits and supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 159 items ,  The Destiny of Things-168 items , VintageToGoEasy - 145 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 121 items!  My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
Related Stories:  More about my craft stamp collections!
 
1.  Distressed Block of Alphabet stamps, here

2.  Last Monday's posting about my mechanical date stamper, here

3.  A kindergarten teacher saving time using this date stamper, here!  A "destiny as infinity" story!
 
4.   "Destiny as Infinity":  How I got the idea of "untold destiny" wishes through a mish mash of cluttered thoughts!  

"I can't control my past or change it, but I can change what I can now."---Kit Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment