Monday, November 4, 2013

Distressed Alphabet Stamp Set of 30: The Destiny of Things, Story #128

Distressed Alphabet Stamp Set of 30:  The Destiny of Things, Story #128

Even my distressed messed up alphabet stamp set found a really good home!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, a different set in better condition, available here

As a recovering hoarder, I'm continually curious about every single one of my ordered items!  Two main concerns of mine are:  What kind of new life will they have now?  What's their new home like?

This Etsy buyer knew I needed to know and sent me an email:

Hello. I received the stamps today. Oh my gooddess I love them. They are so cute!! I'm glad that they found a place in my crafting. I've recently taken up trying to make cards for my kids and my family. So I plan on fixing the ones that need fixing and using them in my cards. I hope that solves some mystery of the crafter's home they've found. 

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, a different set in better condition, available here

This indeed solved the mystery for me and reading the email gave me tangible relief for a piece of my hoard I was able to let go!  And to top it off, these are going to someone who makes cards for their family, just like I do!

Which is a coincidence because that's how I broke them!  I was going to make little "hi" confetti pieces to put into my cards, letters and "thank you" packaging and well, these just fell apart as I took them apart.

I admit as a recovering hoarder, I am NOT patient.  Nor am I patient as a crafter it seems.  I usually only have an allotted time of 2-3 hours for crafting a week so far and that includes set up and clean up.  So needless to say I was all set up to stamp my little heart out with these, when I kinda lost it after the "h" rubber stamp fell off the block and then the "i" and then I had to go searching for glue!  Of course, I had no idea where the permanent glue was in my hoard and after a 15 minute search decided to use the glue I had on hand.

And then more just seemed to fall right off the wooden blocks in droves no matter how uncareful I was while losing it and stressing myself out more by thinking about was how much time it was going to take me to glue them all back on one by one!  I did make myself stop that stressful thinking and focused on just stamping "hi."

Then when I wanted to change ink colors and went to wash the stamp off, they fell off the blocks again since Elmer's glue isn't permanent!  I kept reminding myself that I used to be so patient as a teacher, however I have no idea what happened and no amount of reminding myself helped me!

So of course, I threw it in the trash and then took it all back out!  and put them away to fix another time, however that never happened!  I don't feel as though I have the time to spend my craft time fixing my craft supplies! HA!



I know it's more than a little odd that I can't discard or donate much of my hoard, but I've seem to to have found a way around that!

So I am so happy it found it's way to a craft person with much more patience than I will ever have!

They were neatly stacked like this in the trash and I lasted about 5 minuted before they were taken right back out!

Saying Goodbye:   I am happy that all 30 of these distressed alphabet stamps found a new life with a crafter with the patience to fix them and use them properly!  And send me an email about it.

Unfortunately for myself, I bought many of these because I couldn't decide on which fonts I'd want to use, so I bought many many different fonts, however I have no idea where the rest of these sets are in my hoard!

What I Learned:

1.  As a recovering hoarder, I'm not sure what to do when I find myself in situations where slimming down choices or limiting them need to be decided, but at least now I recognize it's part of my hoarding problems!  Can't decide on a font due to different style cards I want to make!  Get lots!  Can't decide gold or silver?  Get both!  Can't decide on which sizes I'll use most?  Get small, medium and large!

I get a little stressed just thinking about limiting my possibilities!

Obviously I can't do that anymore because look where it's gotten me!  Hoard everywhere!  And not just craft hoard, but anyways....I've learned that too many choices just boggle my mind into buying everything and doing nothing.

I have so much art-craft stuff I don't know where to begin and end up just thinking about it or collecting more ideas, rather than acting up on them. 

2.  Well, at least I know Etsy, Google and I can find new lives and homes for them! 

How do you limit your craft choices?  I really need some advise in this area!  Thank you! 

Thank you kind Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for sending me an email ending the mystery of my distressed alphabet stamps and having the patience for making them whole again!  Thank you for letting me know about them!  Thank you for helping me realize I need to make better decisions about limiting my craft choices.  I think I'm also beginning to realize that I'm not a stamp crafter, even though I love stamps!  Many thanks!

Thank you Etsy for the continued outlet for my hoard, even my distressed messed up hoard I can't seem to trash or donate!  I'm recycling!

Thank you US, China, Guatemala and Jamaica for your stopping by and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 87 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking! Maybe you'll find something to take home with you and help me with your story!

The beginning of my stamp collection and sticker collection is here.

Related Stories:  Other "distressed" items that found better lives!

1.  This was actually missing one piece from the set and found someone who had the missing pieces!  Byuobu or Japanese Screen Holder to hand on a wall.


3. Shoe Clips and a 1940 Commodore:  The shoe clips were missing a strand of pearls, not noticeable.

4. Mosler Bank with it's distressed wheel.

As one of my friend says, "Upward and Onward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment