Friday, November 1, 2013

UPDATE with PHOTO on Mini Windowsill Planters: The Destiny of Things, Story #127

PHOTO UPDATE on Mini Windowsill Planters:  The Destiny of Things, Story #127

An Etsy buyer remembers me six months later with an update and photo!  Thank you D!

photo via The Destiny of Things, see my planter and vase collection at VintageToGoEtsy, here

How cool is that?  Six months later!  That's one of my "Daily Reminder" questions:  Will I remember this in six months?  It usually pertains to whatever is bothering me at the time to clue me in on how important or trivial the situation, stress or feeling means to me.  It really helps me put my stress in perspective.

For example, when I start to stress over sitting in traffic or unthoughtful meanery, I ask myself, "will I remember this in six months?"  It works with bigger problems too, most of the time, my answer is "No."  And I do my best to go on my little merry way.  

So I find this update photo quite meaningful to me because most of the time many things lose their importance in six months!  How many stressful daily life occurrences lose their importance by the end of the day?  in a week?  Maybe I don't forget a stressful moment in five minutes, but I sure can forget a whole lot of other things I'm supposed to be remembering!  Anyways..

This Etsy buyer helped me feel remembered, not only in my cause, but as a human being.  It's nice to be remembered and this is someone I barely know.  Thank you D for another act of kindness.  It really touches my heart by showing me that my hoard is living on in better ways than I ever imagined and someone "out there" took the time to let me know.  Again, many thanks!


photo via The Destiny of Things, the planters are sold out, but the silk table runner is available here!

Here's the email:

Invoice: www.etsy.com/your/orders/90951716

Update on the mini planters! I've planted them with mini succulents - attached an image for you.The window sills in my apartment are quite narrow, so it was hard to find anything small enough to fit - these were perfect!

Thanks,
D




 photo via Etsy buyer D from windowsill planters she ordered on The Destiny of Things

How cute and charming do they look?  I love it!  These are versatile!  From growing salad sprouts on a kitchen windowsill for spring and summer to fall and winter succulent garden!


Hi D! Oh my thank you for the nicest Monday morning surprise! just when I needed it too! And with a photo! They are so beautiful on your window sill! Thank you for sharing their new life and home with me! I will use your update this coming Friday! I hope you are doing well too!

I wish you could know the overflow of happiness you have brought me!
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 110+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


Imagine, I had six of these! And D bought the last four.  I love the way they look on her windowsill and so happy to see them being used properly with their new lives and better home!

Saying Goodbye:  These were easy to let go back then, however lately it's not going to so easily.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe it's the cold that keeps appearing for some time in the day and goes away by the time I wake up in the morning?  Right now I have a disorientated headache, barely keep my eyes open fatigue and muscle aches only on my right shoulder, but can't take a nap. And usually by the end of the ay will get a sore throat that will disappear by the time I wake up. Weird, but good.

On top of it all, I think I have the two windowsill planter stories mixed up because two went to another D and the last four went to a D too! but I've already spent quite some time trying to figure the mix up and with this headache and am just letting it go for now.

What I Learned:

1.  I buy stuff with some crazy intentions.  For example, I bought six of these because I wanted to grow grass in them for Easter and hide quail eggs in them.  They sell quail eggs at the Farmer's Market near me and I have fond and scary memories of my best friend's quail farm in their backyard.

They were going to be spring living room decor for my coffee tables, but at the time, I couldn't remember if I had 5 or 6 coffee tables, so I bought the larger amount!  Ended up that I only have 5 coffee tables...well, actually they are side tables.  I use side tables for coffee tables.  They are portable so I can also use them as end tables or individual coffee tables for guests.  Yes, I have a minutiae collection of side tables because I find them so handy for every room! but that's another story...

Anyways, I couldn't find my hoard of grass seeds for my Easter decor and get this... didn't want to go buy any more grass seeds since I already had some, so I did NOTHING!  And eventually spring then Easter passed and I wrapped them up and boxed them for next spring and they stayed in their boxes for countless more seasons!

What a Catch 22, if I had ever found my grass seeds, what are the chances that I would know where the planters were boxed?

2.  As a recovering hoarder, I think this is common behavior for me.  Don't know how many to buy?  Round up!  Don't know which colors to buy?  Buy both!  Can't find it?  Don't do it!

I'm going to put it in my calendar to do this project for this spring!  Someone remind me this February! No, no, I'll write it in my calendar!  Plus I usually buy a Venus Fly Trap in February for the gnats and fruit flies that gather by summer.  I'll just buy grass seed too, since I've never found it!

3.  Good news...and what I'll be putting on my Thanksgiving Gratitude List:

I'm done with going to the chiropractor!  It took me six months to recover from the car accident, but I did heal!  Plus I think that's where I was catching eye infections and colds.

One of my Etsy items is going to be in on an AMC series show!  For recovering hoarder me that seems to be a big deal for some reason.

And last but not least, my hoard has dwindled down to the point that I can now organize boxes by art projects!  So far I have five art projects compiled!

How was your Halloween? and beginning of Day of the Dead?  I slept all day yesterday through the night til 3:30 am and woke up feeling almost well.  Moving on now to Day of the Dead and finding family photos, pieces to my Grandmother's Buddhist shrine and cleaning them properly to honor my ancestors this weekend.

Thank you Etsy buyer D from The Destiny of Things for turning the planters into such beautiful windowsill decor and sharing it with me with the added bonus of a photo!  Many thanks!

Thank you Etsy for the continued outlet for my hoard!

Thank you US, Canada, Netherlands, Thailand, Ukraine, South Africa, Italy, China and Singapore for your views and for everyone reading this being part of my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 84 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Maybe you'll help me downsize and share your story!  Thanks for looking! Maybe you'll find something to take home with you!

My planter and vase collection is at VintageToGoEtsy, visit it here!

Related Stories:

1.  I thought this was the update to this windowsill planter story, but it's not!  or at least at the moment, I think so:  Read it here!

2.  My Joan Walsh Anglund planters:  Remember African Voilets?


Most Read Story of the Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 
!Feliz Dia de los Muertos! Happy Day of the Dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment