Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lot of Religious Jewelry: The Destiny of Things, Story #129

Lot of Religious Jewelry:  The Destiny of Things, Story #129

It sure is nice to get good news like this!

 photo via Hoarder Rehab, more religious medals here
 
This person let me know in review that she was wearing all of the jewelry as she wrote me and adored every item and was very pleased!  How destined is that?  Also, she said she was glad to support my effort!

I'm just as pleased and glad too!  My hoard may have complicated my life at one time, but now it seems to not only be moving to a better place and time, but moving me to a better place and time too!  What an interesting shift.  I wonder what it means?  Maybe it's just me shifting back and forth...

photo via Hoarder Rehab, more religious medals here, at VintageToGoEtsy

Sometimes I wonder if the tags I write work and one tag I used for this was "macrame cross".  I saw it in my key words the first and only time and then it was ordered!  So maybe "macrame cross" worked as tag!

The macrame cross was made by one of my students and was given to me as a gift and I wore it with another macrame cross I have (I have no idea where it is), but they would get tangled up and I just ended up wearing the other one all the time.

I've always wanted to learn how to make these and my students promised to teach me, but never got around to it!  I just love the little bead in the middle!

Anyways, the next morning these were ordered along with the first items!


Of course, it made my morning!  A double order from the same person, however I think I must be getting down to the bottom of my religious jewelry and cross collection because as each religious artifact leaves I'm getting a little more nervous, when it used to be so easy!

photo via Hoarder Rehab, more religious jewelry here at The Destiny of Things

Saying Goodbye:  So it's still easy to let go of my religious destash, I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel uneasy about getting down to my last 50 or so.  And my love for Day of the Dead Religious Folk Art is still strong and so is my religious medal connection.  I also have over a hundred milagros, but I'm not willingly to part with those yet.

And honestly I kinda overdid it with a shopping spree from a combination of a special occasion celebration and gluten attack, but there are issues at the moment with the order, so I might not be receiving them.  The only thing I might be receive is a refund!  but that's a whole other story!

What I Learned:

1.  Now that I'm getting down to the bottom of some of my hoard collection, the last few seem to have a perilous grip on me!  I've saved my favorite medals, so I'm not sure what is happening inside me.  It doesn't happen to every collection I have either. 

All but one of my vintage glass refrigerator food storage containers have left to better lives and the last one isn't irking me or leaving me with nervous anxiousness.  Same with my incense burner collection, but for some reason it does bother me that I'm getting down to the bottom of my religious artifacts!

I'll need some quiet time and hopefully something will come to me.

2.  Hmmm... maybe it's not the bottom of my religious collection per se, but it's due to getting down to the bottom of my entire hoard collection?

I think it feels kinda lonely and abandoned without my hoard, which sounds funny now that I write it because there are still many boxes in the second room, many drawers, storage furniture, my closet and truck that need dehoarding, however the dehoarding is quite noticeable in the second room now and it feels unfamiliar and unpleasant at the moment.

3.  I think I just need to slow down and allow myself more time to get used to these feelings of loneliness and abandonment.  Sit with them and realize they are only temporary and that I choose to celebrate my new found emptiness, so I can fill it with whatever I need!

I did find myself in there using one of my 15 minute dehoarding sessions to make a plan for the music art room.  I planned a rest area that gets the best breeze, a shipping packaging area, the darkest area for storage, where to place my sewing machine and where two desks will best be placed.

I suppose I'm at a cross roads of some sort.  Is it already time to find myself in the unknown life without hoard?  It is a bit scary and sad to leave my old life behind, but I'm going to continue to move onwards and upwards!

When was the last time you were at a crossroad?  What did you do?  I'm going to choose a new life even though it's scary at the moment to move away from a life of hoard because if worse comes to worse I can always go back to what feels comfortable to me and surround myself with hoard again, but I'm going to fight that "going back comfy" feeling for now!

This must be a significant deciding moment or milestone or something because I still have a ways to go to dehoard the second room, I'd say at least half way through it, but I do have strong feelings to return to my old ways.  I'll take some time to sit with these feelings and accept them and then let them go.

Listen, allow, honor, trust and let go.....which reminds me of my blog posting, "Paying Attention to Falling Stars", which are words from Etsy shop owner,  Karen Anne Glick who's daily practice of "listen, allow, honor, trust and let go" became my mantra too!  Thanks again Karen!

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for leaving me a "review" story!  I am so happy you found the macrame cross you were searching for at my shop!

Thank you Etsy for over 120 connections with Etsy buyers that have sent me stories to help me on my adventures and for helping me find almost 500 items new lives and better homes!

Thank you readers from US, Latvia, Belgium, Cyprus, Pakistan and someone directly from Etsy for joining me the past few days on my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!


Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 88 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  
 
Thanks for looking! Maybe you'll take something home with you and send me your story!
 
Related Stories: there are many religious artifact stories!

1.  A Mighty Circular Destiny as Infinity Story:  The Destiny of Things XLIII:  Saint Christopher medal turned into a symbolic necklace for studies in Africa
 
2.  Intentions for B. Maugerite Bourgeyeos Beatification Charm:  The Destiny of Things, Story XXVI : made into a beautiful bracelet for a daughter away at college
3.  Saint Patrick Trinity Clover:  for an Irish Rosary for St. Patty's Day
 
 
 
 
8.  Floral Religious Medals:  Made into a wedding necklace for her Godchild
 
9.  Pope Pius X Canonization Medals:  made into these beautiful earrings here, at her Etsy shop, ChicFragments.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

19.  Blessed Martin de Porres and Saint Raphael Religious Medal:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXI 

20.  Twin Saint Jude Medals:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXV

21.  Christine's Cross and Lessons:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXVI, Part 1 

Well, listing the religious artifact stories showed me a different perspective and gratitude towards my hoard doing good out in the world, rather than stuffed away in boxes in mine.

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, bright blessed day, dark sacred night...And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!" ---Louis Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment