Friday, November 22, 2013

Train Travel Card Memory Makers: The Destiny of Things, Story #133

Train Travel Card Memory Maker Kit:  The Destiny of Things, Story #133

Katherine bought these for her granddaughters train ride!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, more pencil erasers here

She is moving to another state away and to make the transition more comfortable and memorable by taking the train trip together.  Before, I say more, I'll let her tell her story!

Here's our emails:

Kennedy I just saw your note that you sent.

I purchased your items for my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter. We just moved away from her and I want to have things for her to play with. If you want later I can email why I choose your items. But it is netflix time.

Katherine

200+ foam sticker photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here


Hi Katherine! Thank you for the email. And thank you I'd love it if you could send a back story about your items, when it's convenient for you. I'd love to use your story on my blog. I can leave you anonymous or link it to your shop. Please let me know which you'd prefer.

Haha, netflix time! If you don't mind me asking, anything good you've watched on it lately? I loved "Orange is the New Black" more than I thought I would.

PS. Thank you faving my hoard at The Destiny of Things!

Kindest regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 110+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/

200+ foam sticker photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here


  
We watched MUD last night and really enjoyed it.

Here is my story. Please feel free to use it and it is okay to reference our shop if you want to.

Kennedy some of your de-hoarding items are going to great use. Here is the story behind some of your items.

We are moving to another state far away from our precious 3 ½ year old granddaughter Kate. Since it was such a far move, Kate and her mom, AmyT, graciously agreed to ride the Amtrack train with me to my new house. This was because my hubby was driving a rental moving truck and did not want to stop too often for me. So while preparing for our first train ride and our big move I packed items I thought may entertain a 3 ½ during the 24+ hour train ride.

Out of all the things I packed, the big successes were the small items I had packed for Kate to make cards. Since Kate was missing her daddy during the train ride, she spent hour after hour making a card for him. Then when we arrived at our new house Kate met some of her cousins. Kate’s cousins also worked with Kate on making cards.

Needless to say I needed (and still need more) fun items to add to my new stash of card making supplies – items for a young child can use. So when I happened upon this Etsy shop www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy it was a perfect place to shop to add to my “kid card making supply box”.

So thank you Kennedy for starting to de-stash,

AmyT’s mom and Kate’s Grandma Nuts

p.s. I could not wait for Kate to come back so see my new stash so sent her a Halloween card with some of the fun things I purchased from www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy.

200+ foam sticker photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here


 
OH my gosh! Thank you for the heart felt story about your move and the train ride with your grand daugher and daughter! I will use it "as is" and link it to your shop! I love it, find it heart warming, picturesque and memorable!

Wow, after reading about your grand daughter making a card for her Dad for hours on the train ride, it reminded me of my own childhood when I started making cards too! And I still have some that I made back then...it's part of my good hoard!

Thank you for making my dehoarding that much easier and so much more delightful than I've ever expected!

I watched MUD a couple weeks ago too and it's my all time favorite for now!

I'm so happy over here now! Thanks for making my Sunday,

~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 110+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


PS. As an Etsy seller, thank you so much for the shipping suggestions and most of all for my first THREE feed backs! Reviews. You've made my Etsy day so happy in more ways than one!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, these are sold out, but similar ones are here and here.  Also add these for easy embellishments, self adhesive rhinestone stickers here or cute flora and fauna deer stickers here.

Saying Goodbye:  It's a whole lot easier letting go of teacher destash and craft supplies, since many Etsyians seem to like them so much and I get stories about them.  And I've been using some of the extra mulala to buy more of my favorite art craft materials and sharing them.  I have many of their ideas on how they are using the art items on my list for project days!

So hopefully I'll be sharing those soon too!

What I Learned:

1.  As a techless Etsy newbie, one of the hardest things for me to wrap my head around is shipping!  I've gained experience from combined shipping and International, but at times it has also emptied our pockets!

Katherine was patient with me as she selected her items becauese I never know what combination is going to be in someone's order... how many things, how much it's going to weigh, will it need a box or envelope, what zip code and as long as they are all alike items then I'm fine, but I don't have all like items at any of my Etsy shops.

It continues to boggle my mind!  Thankfully mr oz is our parcel technician and not me!

2.  As a recovering hoarder, I've gotten into the habit of putting away all my purchases either the day received or promptly the next morning!  By putting away I mean, making sure everything matches the invoice or receipt and description, I double check to see if it works and lastly find an organized space where it belongs with other like things.  I find this process time consuming and exhausting, however it is a deter from all my retail therapy!

As a hoarder, I usually pile up my orders until finally I can't stand it anymore and haphazardly stick them all into boxes and stack them!  Not anymore and not very effective!

3.  Now that I've gotten into the habit of putting my finds, I've found a different habit to try out now and hope it becomes a good habit!  I think my project days have become a very successful way for me to stop my random hoard shopping.

And now that I see how much time, money and energy it takes to shop and not craft, it's not as fun for me anymore and I find myself wanting to make things, rather than buy them.

Also, my list of projects are piling up too and I need time to start and complete them.  So my new habit will be planning my project days, just like I used to do for my classroom as a teacher. 

I will plan out and make an ingredient list and use "only" what I have (knock on wood, hope to die, no needles in my eye!), estimate how long the project is going to take from start to finish and include set up and clean up time.

All those years of yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly teacher plan books with blocks of times and lesson plan write ups are still going to be useful to me, but as a recovering hoarder!

Wish me the best of luck!


 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, these are sold out, but similar ones are here and here.  Also add these for easy embellishments, self adhesive rhinestone stickers here or cute flora and fauna deer stickers here.

What do you use to plan your day?  I usually use a random chosen notebook, this years was a "college rule" Composition Book and it's worked out so well, I already bought one for next year!

I need to take a photo of a couple of pages to show how I've used one of the Etsy buyers reward sticker ideas by documenting my time organizing the music art room with stickers, read her story here.  Also my 500th dehoarded item milestone were reward stickers ordered from Ali of HeyAlleyCat my new bff in Texax!  Read her my our story, here and check out her Etsy shop too!

Note to self:  Photo document making my homemade yearly, monthly, weekly, hourly planner in December for the New Year.

Thank you Katherine of Amy T and Mom from Etsy shop, JewelryByAmyT where she helps out her daugher and her own Etsy shop, TwirlingMonkiesKatherine is on vacation from new shop, TwirlingMonkies, bu you can sign up for an email for when she returns and check out her sold items here to get an idea of what she sell and see her talent involving handmade and personalized embroidery toddler's clothing, here!

My favorites of all are the handmade bell flowers here and here.  They also make beautiful glass work magnetic lanyards.  Check all the sections out, but my favorites are the blue ones, here and the glass work cabochon pendants, here!  Beautiful beautiful work and are an any occasion gift, but right now great stocking stuffer and office gifts this holiday!  Get an early start on holiday shopping now!

Thank you Etsy for this transaction of several items and a happy connection!  Also, there's a non hoarder out there that loves Netflix just as much as I do!  So there's something else in common I have found with a non-hoarder!  Lastly, thank you for helping me fund my craft projects and all the ideas to my project day list from all the Etsy buyers, shop owners, activity feed favorites and Etsy blog stories I see daily!  There's inspiration everywhere!

Thank you US, China, Malaysia, Estonia, Germany, UK, France, Canada, India, Sweden and Brazil for for taking the time and supporting my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 103 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

I'm out of time to add Related Stories, so maybe next time!  And I'll continue with my Advent Forest most likely on Monday.

Quickly, here's the stories mentioned before on how others use the small stickers as rewards and how I've used them from one of the ideas of an Etsy buyer's reward stickers, read her my our story here.  Also my 500th dehoarded item milestone were reward stickers ordered from Ali of HeyAlleyCat my new bff in Texax!  Read her my our story, here and check out her Etsy shop too!

Most Read Story of the Day:

1. Coincidental Copper Anniversary Stories of my Sacred Heart nichos, here.

2.  My Review of Miswak Stick Organic Toothbrush without Toothpaste, here

3.  1,764 Christmas Ornaments New I found on Yahoo News, here.

Most Read Story of the Week, Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things! 












No comments:

Post a Comment