Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Geometric Trees Advent Calendar Forest: Creative Outlets, Story #2, part 2

Geometric Trees Advent Calendar Forest: Creative Outlets, Story #2, part 2

I'm moving along with my Advent Forest.  Day 11 to Day 17 or so...


I've been working on the Advent Forest almost daily and while it's been fun, it's been taking a toll on my sleep.  I've been getting up almost everyday at 3 am to finish it, but it's going to be worth it!


mr oz has been helping me on the weekends.  His are the aligned numbered geometric trees and mine are the falling numbered trees.

The most time consuming part is writing the greeting, which I write as Happy Day 18 or 18th Day, so they can experience different ways to say the numbers and and daily activity directions inside each tree and my most favorite part is passing down the memories from when we were kids in writing to the little ones.


It's stuffed with daily craft projects, educational activities and other silly fun stuff!  For example, there's a memo note pad and multi stack pencil for them to write the biggest wish list ever!  Then on another day there are pencil eraser huggers, so they can prioritize there Mega wish list down to the TOP TEN and then TOP FIVE.

On Day 11, they can use their wish list as a pre write to a letter to Santa with practice paper and final draft paper.  Day 12 has stickers to further decorate the letter and envelope and Day 13 has a marker set for the last few decorating details to mail it off with "assistance" from parents.


A craft project is the wiggle eye door charm.  Day 5 was the pirate treasure chests with pirate wiggle eyes inside it and Day 21 has the red jingle bells and Day 14 the glitter glue sticks to glue on the eyes.  I put in extra wiggle eyes in Day 21, in case they were lost along the way.  It's always interesting to me to see which kids can keep materials for long term use later.

Students love to make door knob charm alarms, so no sneaksters can get in without notice!  They love them on their backpack pockets too!  (which were not allowed in the classroom!)


Another craft project for them are "Thank you" tag cards for after Christmas and "last minute emergency gift tags" to make and keep handy.  You can see it to the right of the picture above.

On the directions for the "Thank you" card tags, I wrote they may not be thanking me now, but perhaps they'll be thanking me letter after they receive many of their wish list gifts and after Christmas remember those that made their dreams come true by writing a short thank you note.

I enclosed tags, stickers and a simple sample format "thank you" note, which is really too small to mail, so I hinted they should ask their parents to include theirs in with their Christmas "Thank you" notes that go snail mail!


I made samples of both the "Thank you" and "Last Minute" gift tags, in case they want to spell correctly or need ideas.  And they can trace over the "To:" and "From:"  And I included plenty of blank tags and stickers so they can experiment and create their own.


More ideas of what when in my Advent Forest in the photo above.  I did finish mine at 6 am this morning after working on it until late last night.  Now I know how my parents felt putting together either our bikes or play house or whatever it was after we went to bed on Christmas Eve!

Right now it's really a blur for me, as I guess I over did it and now have a slight sore throat and slept all morning and am still taking random long naps at any time of the day catching up on years of insomnia.

Here are the directions if you want to start your fun now!





It's a photo of the directions from the Whole Foods Newsletter.


Geometric Tree Advent Calendar via the Etsy blog, story by Diana Stainton of Pygmy Cloud
 with directions here


Geometric Tree Advent Calendar via the Etsy blog, story by Diana Stainton of Pygmy Cloud
 with directions here

I'll have to finish this another time or continue with it on Friday.  mr oz just surprised me and is coming home early today and I need another rest to see if the sore throat will go away!

I wanted to make a list of the Days with the surprise treat goodies and I do have pictures of all 30 or so trees completed and ready!

If you'd like you can read the beginning of the Advent Forest project, titled Geometric Trees Advent Calendar Forest:  Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, Story #17 or Creative Outlets, Story #2 here.

Days 1 through 10 are listed and many of the surprises are listed at all four shops!

I do have most of the Advent surprise treat goodies compile and almost ready to list on Etsy, if you'd like one, let me know in email,

hoarderrehab@gmail.com

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment