Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bright Martha Stewart Folders: The Destiny of Things, Story 182

Bright Martha Stewart Folders:  The Destiny of Things, Story 182, Part 2

A return Etsy buyer ordering the same thing, but with a different story!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Rachel owner of Etsy shop, therachel returned to my shop, JunkDrawerLoveEtsy to buy another set of these, but this time she's using them as new client folders!  So cool!

Two months ago, she bought her first set and I wrote about it here.

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

These are another one of my overbuys of a long forgotten project I was going to use them in.  Perhaps origami boxes? collages?  I just can't remember.

I am happy to say that since February, I did use my sets to organize some of my ever growing ephemera supply!  I have many pages of Victorian die cut scraps, especially the angels below in various sizes.

I first bought mine in the 80s a little store in Pasadena that was connected to a coffee shop where artists could paint on the walls.  Does anyone remember the name of it?  I still have some left from the 80s too!  Still lost in my  hoard!

I don't know why, but I love these particular angels!  I don't mind if they are vintage or replicas and buy them whenever I see them!  In the 80s I used to buy thick soft padded style watercolor paper from the art store on the campus of Cal State University Long Beach and made Christmas gift collage cards.  A few sample cards are still somewhere in my hoard!

Anyways, my new and vintage Victorian scraps are now organized by metallic, religious, floral, cats, dogs, nursery rhymes, butterflies, moths and angels.  Victorian scraps seem to be getting more and more expensive and I have a hard time cutting from a page!  It's like cutting into new fabric for quilting.

I've really got to get over that and start cutting away!


photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I still have quite a few of these and I put it on my list next to my loteria box project day to include these too!  However, what I will put inside the boxes is another story.  Maybe I'll figure out a way to make a Mother's day card with them.  That's on my list now too.

I just love boxes because they are so handy! And these have old fashioned games printed on the backs of each game board, so the inside will include a dot to dot or something.  The backs of the calling cards have the traditional riddles in Spanish.  But I still have a vast collection of them even though most of them have found new homes
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

What I Learned:

1.  Hmmm.... another conundrum... what am I going to do with more boxes after I make them?  Oh my, even though I think the loteria and the Martha Stewart files will make the cutest boxes....I need another box, like I need another hole in my head!!!!  I'm certainly getting a more clear picture of how I end up with so much hoard!

2.  On the bright side, I did use the file folders to organize some of my favorite paper ephemera and did so in a timely non procrastinating manner.

How are you doing with your New Year's Resolutions?  I'm busy organizing the hoard in the art music room at least 15 minutes a day rain or shine, feel like it or not... and I've started to exercise again.  Very slowly... I started with yoga once every other week and have built up to twice a week.  Very very baby steps!

Thank you Rachel owner of Etsy shop, therachel  for finding a new home for two sets of my overbuy and for the little tidbit of information that so helped me find a couple of pieces to my Hoarder Rehab puzzle!  Twice you've helped me!!! Many many thanks!

Check out her art, which includes fashion from fun to daring upcycled clothes with a funny party runway theme.  Example of fun here, risque daring here and something funny, here!  Take a look and have some fun like I did today!  Plenty of smiles and giggles!

Thank you Etsy for finding homes for over 635 items of my hoard and in the process made connections with so many kind Etsyians sharing about what happened to my stuff that my Hoarder Rehab journey is an eye opening positive learning experience in more ways than one!

Thank you France, US, Turkey, Russia, China, Germany, Spain, Madagascar, Australia and others who took the time to stop by and take part in my HoarderRehab and  The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 112 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-2 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!

Keep an eye open for my new handmade washi tape collage art and cards which is my alternative to hoarding now!  

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, original available here
Related Story:
1.  Rachel and I's first story, Martha Stewart File Folders:  The Destiny of Things, Story 169, here
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in." ---Leonard Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment