Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pirate or Tooth Fairy Treasure Chest Tooth Keeper Box: The Destiny of Things, Story 193

Pirate or Tooth Fairy Treasure Chest Tooth Keeper Box:  The Destiny of Things, Story 193

Some toothy tooth treasure chests went to a family with teeth falling out left and right!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

An Etsy buyer left me this note:

These are perfect for our kids' teeth, which seem to be falling out rapidly at this point (8 year old and 6 year old twins)! The treasure chests were shipped quickly and with care, and there was even a sweet heart bead surprise in each. Thank you!!! 

 The bead inside each makes it sound like a pirate too is clanking around!
I have skull beads too, but no one has requested them yet
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

I bought these for my students when I taught third grade and talk about losing teeth left and right, sometimes it was  like it was raining cats and dogs with teeth falling out!  Plus in true hoarder fashion,  I could never decide which ones I liked better the treasure chests or the tooth necklaces, so I would give my class both kinds, which worked out anyway because they do love to wear it as a necklace.  

They would even add the treasure chests to their tooth locket necklace, boys and girls alike! As below:

And they are the ones that pinned the name, "toothy tooth" container, chest, box, locket, keeper, etc.  A synonym lesson in itself!


photo via The Destiny of Things
Tooth locket necklace available in red, green or pink, here

I remember these and the mini pirate chests being the in the grand grab bag treasure chest at my dentist office as a child and also as prizes at various local carnivals as game prizes.  

As a teacher, I figured my inner city students would love these too!  Many didn't get a chance to visit a dentist on a regular basis and our nurse did not have these for safe keeping of fallen teeth, but I did.  My students got both each year along with a tooth brushing kit during Tooth Health Hygiene week, which I think is in February.

Anyways, I've bought thousands of these through the years and the quality can vary, so I put a heart bead in each one as a quality check.  Besides, before I pass them out I stall by showing them and then let them clank around and say, "I wonder if a pirate (for the boys) or tooth fairy (for the girls) has already left a tooth in one?"

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

As a kid I just loved anything miniature and even better with secret hiding places, like these lockets.

As I grew older this love grew when my Grandmother gave me my first charm for my charm bracelet!  And I guess she couldn't decide either because I have one charm bracelet in gold and one in silver.

As a teacher my love for them and the thought of how my students love to keep their teeth in these and how exciting it is when they get one just before we study teeth and tooth care brings me a smile.

As a recovering hoarder, I had tons of these and some of them were vintage because as a teacher who taught at a year round school where the classroom is never really yours and we would roam from room to room every few weeks or months, I would often lose my stash!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and use them in many different ways.  From trick or treat alternatives to passing out candy to pirate  or fairy party favors to my plastic collection charm bracelet or my mixed media art to passing them out to forlorn looking kids or senior adults when I see them.

They certainly will make happy new memories for the young and bring back and make them for old still young at heart too!

What I Learned:

1.  I think I might be finding niches for a lot of my hoard!  I do have a blog posting started around the time I first started this blog in 2012 titled, "Hoarding Without Hoarding."  Back then, I had to no idea what it meant and it's just a blank posting with a title, but now I'm starting to figure it out....

What new thing are you learning about that has been slow in coming?  

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for leaving me a little story to help me out with mine.

Thank you Etsy for helping me my amazing Hoarder Rehab journey by providing an outlet for my hoard with Etsyians willing to go an extra mile to help me out by leaving their back stories!

Thank you US, Belgium, China, India, Spain and other countries for your visits and supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 164 items ,  The Destiny of Things-175 items , VintageToGoEasy - 151 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 127 items!  
 
My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Related Stories:  I sure do have many toothy tooth necklace stories! and this if my first tooth chest one.  Thank you to all my Etsy pals!

1.  For a good old fashioned Halloween party without candy in a tree house, read here!
2.  These shipped out ASAP for a loose tooth! Read about it here
3.  A mother hunts down these tooth lockets for her daughter's presentation here!  with updates and pics!
4.  Tooth locket story from a fellow teacher for a family of loose teeth, click here!
5.  These plastic tooth lockets maybe molds to make sterling jewelry at an Etsy shop, here!
7.  Update on Miswak, here, yes I still love it and use it twice daily.  New update coming soon!
8.  Tooth Fairy Tooth Holders and Healthy Eating Art:  The Destiny of Things, Story 163, here
9.  Tooth Locket Necklaces and Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 166, here


"It's not hoarding, if you can hide it."  someecards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment