Friday, May 23, 2014

Eye Bombing with Googly Eyes: The Destiny of Things, Story 200

Eye Bombing with Googly Eyes:  The Destiny of Things, Story 200

Transforming City Eye Sores One Googly Eye At A Time

photo via Rob Johnson

Every once in awhile, out of the blue I receive a story so surprising, it leaves me awe struck, inspired and ready to go on happy adventures of fun, laughter and so much more, like a small miracle landing safely to be noticed...all from googly eyes!

available here for your own eye bombing pleasure!  at our other shop, JunkDrawerAndMore

So I spent a good part of my blog posting time trying to decide on which title!  Oh well, let's take a vote!

Okay, my OCD has really kicked in this week and as a recovering hoarder micro managing every little thing is becoming tedious and decision making is at it's weakest!  It's okay, it's best if I accept this about myself without judgement, instead of hankering over it and getting no where with it by mulling it over, like beating a dead horse to death!

Anyways... someone left me some vague feedback over their purchase of googly eyes and I don't usually email over it, but the feedback was so funny to me, I just had to respond and I'm so glad I did because I got this story!

Here's the feedback:

fast shipping, quality product, and exactly as expected. What more can a person want from googly eyes? Buy them! 

How funny is that?  Funniest most simple intriguing feedback ever!  Thank you Rob!

available here, in three different googly eye sizes, at our other shop, JunkDrawerAndMore

Here's what I wrote:

Thank you for the fun and funny feedback. May I ask for my Hoarder Rehab blog, how you are using them? Thank you for your consideration and kind feedback.

Best regards,
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerAndMore

Read 190+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


 So funny and googly cute!
photo via Rob Johnson


And he wrote back!


 
I'm using them to make this city funnier, one googly-eye at a time.

As an example you can see from the attached photo, this public eyesore is now the source of a good chuckle.

These eyes adhere really well if you clean the surface underneath first. This set has survived a lot of rain!



Even that tiny photo looks so funny!  And it can survive rain too!  Wow!


 
Oh my!!!! That's the funniest eyesore I've seen in ages! Thank you for the best chuckle of the weekend! I am going to use this for next Friday's blog posting if you don't mind. Do you have site you'd like me to refer to besides your Etsy profile? leave you anonymous? It's too funny for anonymity!

I'm going to keep my eye out to do the same! Thank you for the ideas!

Thank you for making my day and weekend!

Kind regards,
Kennedy

 
I wish I could say that "Eye-Bombing" was my original idea, but it wasn't. Not sure who started the street art project, but like you, I found it hilarious.

I also like how it's non-permanent. The self-adhesive eyes can be removed very easily so it's not defacing anything. I suppose they can fall off and create some small litter. So I just decided to clean up some litter elsewhere to net out even karma-wise for any environmental impact a few stray eyes might create. :-)

I carry a few googly eyes with me at all times. My friends' 4 year-olds love to go eyebombing and will spend hours searching for funny places to put them. It gets us outside, it's creative, and we always end up laughing. It's often the kids that find things that look like faces needing eyes.

Feel free to use the photos in a blog post. But I have no need for credit my way. I think it's better if others employ the concept regardless of any other person.

Attached are three more photos. And I hope more eyes sell!

Cheers


A dear friend and I have been thinking about beginning an exercise program.  Yes, it's just in the "thinking over" stages and has moved on to the "talking about" stage and soon I think it will progress to "the doing" stage and I will be talking walks again!  And googly eyes are going to our motivator!  

Endless amusement while taking eye bombing walks and picking up trash to "x" out the karma if any googly eyes should end up googly on the ground!

These are not self adhesive, but available here, at our other shop, JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:   I must have wrote googly bye at least three times by mistake, so I guess it's a "googly" goodbye and what fun it's going to be to set out on my own eyebombing walk with googly eyes!  It'll be like starting my exercise program without even knowing it because it's going to fun, instead of the dreaded "got to start" exercise program!

 Oh my!  Starting an excercise program isn't so bad with some googly eyes!
photo via Rob Johnson


What I Learned:

1.  The old trick of looking at something differently or even calling it something else, like from exercise program to eyebombing really does appeal and work for me.

2.  I've been trying a new experiment that I call "hoarding without hoarding."  It's in progress at the moment and it makes me nervous because I think it's snowballing into something huge and perhaps a tad out of control and when I think of all I've bought during this last melt down....

I don't know which is worse retail therapy as stress relief and feeling guilty about it or not buying and having FOMO, "fear of missing out" kick myself feelings!  At least it sounds funny to me now.  It's still nervous laughter, but at least I'm laughing.

3.  This month has been a struggle as a recovering hoarder, but I suppose breaking chains to freedom isn't going to be easy, however I am thrilled with all the big and little surprises it's brought me along the way!

Open Sesame!  What new doors will open to the next treasures?
photo via Rob Johnson

What new doors will open to your next treasures?  Turn an eyesore into a googly eyed treasure today and clean up along the way too!  One googly eye at a time, one bag of litter a walk!  It may sound super corny, but what fun!

Thank you Rob for your feedback, emails and fun inspiration!  Never thought turning and eye sore into street art would be so easy, full of laughter and fun!  Thank you for the tips on how to googly eye something so it lasts longer and if it doesn't - how to even out any environmental impact of a few loose eyes!

Thank you Etsy for the ever changing and evolving house of a recovering hoarder!  As of today, 704 hoarded items have been released into the world into better lives and new homes!

Thank you US, Ukraine, Canada, China, Germany, Egypt, France, Lithuania, Singapore, Thailand and many other countries stopping by to support my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 173 items ,  The Destiny of Things-188 items , VintageToGoEasy - 163 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 135 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too! 

The Universe is on a roll with googly eyes because I've gotten another funny story from an Etsy buyer using neon googly eyes!  Out of this world creative! 

Anyone else eyebombing one eye sore at a time?  We'd love to see your googly eye street art!  Join the fun and send your photos to hoarderrehab@gmail.com

Related Stories:

1.  Neon Googly Eye Bra for Electric Daisy Carnival, Las Vegas:  The Destiny of Things, Story 204 

2.  A Record Breaking Order: The Destiny of Things, Story #145:  This Etsy buyer had a huge order, read what she's eyebombing with her googly eyes! 

Most Read Story of the Day and Week:   "The Loss of Nameless Things" Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation, Story 18 

All Time Most Read Story of Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!  

"In self trust all virtues are comprehended."  ---RWE in Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathyrn Hankla, page 112, part 10.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post of all time, it made me laugh out loud. Thank you Rob Johnson for enlightening us about his hilarious eye bombing and have fun on your new past time Kennedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's been so fun! Here's an idea.... refill your grandsons' Halloween diamonds this year with some googly eyes. Eye bombing can be a pre Halloween activity!

    ReplyDelete