Monday, May 19, 2014

300+ Spring Flower Foam Stickers: The Destiny of Things, Story 198

300+ Spring Flower Foam Stickers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 198

Old habits die hard.....


photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Sometimes when I go shopping I pick up stuff, like I'm still in teacher mode and start calculating the project amount and the cost per project.  For instance, these foam stickers come in 315 stickers in a pack, so if I had a class of 30, each student would get at least 10 stickers and those 10 stickers could make at least 1, if not 2 Mother's day cards and if used with these self adhesive rhinestones and some of this glitter and glitter glue....

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

A GLORIOUS Mother's day card is born!!!! or birthday card, any occasion card!

And it would cost less than $1.00 per student per card!

I don't know why I still think like I do, so I am not only a recovering hoarder, but a recovering teacher because my mind still works like both when I'm out shopping around town!

I know quite a few little ones, but I really only see them for holidays and birthdays, so I save the stuff up for some holiday and birthday activities!  So fun!

For instance, some of these craft items came in handy for thank you cards during last Christmas and for birthdays and were also used in little Advent calendar gifts that built up to larger craft projects as each day progressed.

Some of it is glitter glue and the other is old fashioned metal glitter.  Kids love to write out letters, like "thank you," "I love you, " there names, etc with glue and then shake on the glitter.   Wait patiently while it sets and then carefully use a paper funnel to return it to the bottle for next time.
An Etsy buyer had a similar idea and she wrote:

Cute flower foam stickers. Making some cute small thank-you notes with them.

Jewel toned glitter glue, here
Pastel glitter glue, available here 
Old fashioned shaker glitter, here

Of course, now after she sent me her note, I'd like to have a project day making little mini thank you cards with these foam stickers and all the craft accessories I've talked about!!!! 

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

There is so much going on with this little pack of foam stickers, it astounds me!  There's so many different colors and types of stickers in this pack that the patterns and arrangements are endless!  There are two different kinds of stems, three different types of different flowers and sizes for layering and there are three different color dots for middles!

And if you include the glitter and some construction to make backgrounds of grass or vases, it would really make a fun craft project!

All the examples of color and size of stickers are on the heading
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I've saved a package of these for my own stash and it's on my "to do" list of project days, which I'm starting to see the light about!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

What I Learned:

1.  I could feel my stress related Melt Down coming on which seems to be triggered by family holiday gatherings this last spring during Easter, so I thought I'd try and experiment and see if I could, what I call, "hoard without hoarding!"

I know it sounds a little deranged, conflicting and crazy, but trying something is better than trying nothing and giving in to my retail shopping ways to dissipate stress and anxiety isn't going to stop, just yet!  I know I'm trying to fill a hole that's a bottomless pit, but until I get down to the nitty gritty of it's mysteries and even though, so far, I have found a few alternatives and they do work for awhile, they don't pose a solution when the bomb of stress builds up and goes off!

However, it's already way passed my blog posting deadline of 5:01 pm, so I'll have to keep this thought and finish next session.

2.  I also learned that my teaching ways of finding cost effective projects for a class of 30 is still following me around!  I have no intentions of returning to teaching, so I'll have to dig some more to get to the bottom of that too!  Although, now that I've written it down, some light is starting to shine on possibilities of interest!

3.  I love stickers and have quite the collection.  Visit any of the four shops and use the "search" box with the word, "stickers" and you will find tons, ranging from vintage to new stickers, in all sizes and shapes for many different uses, like reward chart stickers, personalized pencil flag stickers, big stickers and more!

What habits do you continue that are no longer needed?

Thank you Etsy buy from The Destiny of Things for leaving me your little short story that I see has innumerably helped me with mine!  It has opened more than one door into seeking answers and solutions to my hoarding ways!  Thank you very very much!

Thank you Etsy for every connection I've had from all my shops to help me get this far and keep me moving forward!

Thank you US, Switzerland, Germany, UK, China, India, Sweden, Luxembourg, France, Australia and many other countries for their visits since Friday and for helping me with my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!   

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 171 items ,  The Destiny of Things-187 items , VintageToGoEasy - 160 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 134 items!  
 
Happy Monday!  See you on Wednesday!  Onwards and Upwards!  Thanks for stopping bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment