Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Diamond Party Favor Trinket Box: The Destiny of Things, Story 201

Diamond Party Favor Trinket Box:  The Destiny of Things, Story 201

A simple story of agreement!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

From an Etsy buyer:

"Cute little storage containers."


 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Which is exactly why I bought them!  I originally used them in my gumball machine art project that holds all my childhood dreams.  They are somewhat larger than the gumball vending machine capsules I like to use with them and mix them together.

Some of the diamonds have varying degrees of flaws, mainly from the manufacturing, so I use those to make desk inspiration for the young at heart.  

When I used to teach third grade I used to spend the first day of school giving students fun assignments that were really incognito assessments, like write the alphabet in lower and upper case letters as fast as you can while we timed it.  

We'd also sit around and try to crack walnuts in perfect halves and snack on them too!  Later their homework was will 100 items fit into a walnut?  and to list them.  And the next day we'd share our walnuts and their contents and use them as desk inspiration.

These diamonds would have made it a lot easier and everyone could decide to be a king, queen, prince or princess while collecting their 100+ items!  What fun!

Anyways...here are some of the diamond desk inspirations I've made for children and adults.  I've made Pirates and Hello Kitty ones for some little ones I know as little fun traveling bon voyage gifts.  

 See what's inside a Crystal Skull Pirate diamond here!

Shiny silver cross bones skull ring, mini treasure chest with crystal heart and skull beads inside it,poison necklace, skull clothespin map holder, magic pirate coin, pirate stickers and more!

 See what's inside a Hello Kitty diamond, here!

Hello Kitty stickers and matching tattoos with glitter, hearts galore from heart rhinestone stickers and flowers in a pink lilac treasure chest, Cat gel glitter resin charm necklace, and more!

Sold out, but I'd be happy to make one upon request, see more views here.

Some Halloween ones went to my friend's grandsons. Here he is at the kitchen table with some down time playing and sorting:

photo via Ali, friend and Etsy shop owner from HeyAlleyCat

Children may love to sort and play with little trinkets and boxes, but I do too!  I love rearranging my desk inspiration diamond trinkets when I'm on hold on the phone waiting for customer service, etc. or just looking at it full from different angles or adding and taking away objects to see how they look inside it.  I even like to sort by color, shape and size!  Be it from smallest to largest or largest to smallest!

And I couldn't resist making one for teachers!  So here's a Red Teacher Diamond Desk Inspiration Kit:

Everything in it has meaning and symbolism to me as a teacher
and I hope for the teacher who gets it!
Meaning and Symbolism described and available here

One pink diamond has sold last October without a story:


I made a different pink diamond desk inspiration later.  It's different, but still filled with fun!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

As one can see, I have a lot of fun with these diamonds and everyone I've given one too loves them too!  They are great for pocket travel, desk inspiration, take empty and fill up during an adventure for any age and can be filled with so many useful things, themed items or silly what nots for everyone and anyone's interest.

I don't know which is more fun, filling one up, sorting and rearranging one or watching someone open one!  Try it yourself and let me know!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have plenty of these with most of them for my gumball machine art project called, "Once a Penny Dreams."  I just added it to my art project day list, so I can finish it soon take a photo to share on here.

They are cute little storage containers and I keep them handy for anytime I need to fill one up to give as a little gift to cheer someone up or spread a little fun and happiness!

What I Learned:

1.  I just love trinkets and their packaging containers!  Take a wild guess of what I've started to collect next under this category?  Oh no and oh yes!  It's been one of my rewards for a bad habit I'm trying to break and I'll be listing the doubles on VintageToGoEasy soon!

I couldn't help myself once I saw these trinkets and I don't know if it was coincidence or majestic timeliness but it was the around the same time my WW2 Trench Art Sweetheart bracelet was ordered, so I used some of the profits to fund my new collection!

As a recovering hoarder, I don't know if this is good or bad, but for helping me to improve myself by breaking other bad habits, it's working and it's a fun way to do it!

I am motivated by rewards.  I don't know why and I wrote about it here, Rewards as Motivation, Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation Story 9.

I have since found different ways to reward myself that don't cost any bucks, but do include the help and support of friends, so that's a fresh start in a new different direction!

2.  I find it very peaceful, timeless and fun to sit around sorting and rearranging, even counting things.

Do you think you can find 100 items to fill a diamond up?  I know I can, but I've played this game many many times over the years using walnut shells!

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for leaving a few words that helps me with mine and  lets me know that I have something in common with a non hoarder! For me, validation is is a pleasant confirmation of agreement.

Thank you Etsy for your continual support and outlet as a recovering hoarder! So far over 720 items have found new lives and homes thanks to you!

Thank you US, UK, Ukraine, Canada, China, Luxembourg, Norway, Brazil, Spain, France, Lithuania, Morocco, Russia and many other countries for your visits and support towards my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 175 items ,  The Destiny of Things-191 items , VintageToGoEasy - 163 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 142 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
Related Stories:
 
1.   Rewards as Motivation, Hoarder Inspiration or Desperation Story 9  What is your biggest motivating factors?

2.  This 3 Way Nicho was ordered today and it was heart wrenching for me, but I don't know why yet, so it's going into the pile of "The Lost of Nameless Things."

3.  I Love My Gumball Machine Capsules!  The Destiny of Things, Story 156, read it here.
 
“It's never too late to have a happy childhood." ---Tom Robbins, Still Life with Woodpecker.  Author of "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," one of my favorite novels from my college days.

"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs." ---Malcolm Forbes

I hope you all had a safe and fun Memorial Weekend and thanked a Vet!  I thanked all the vets in my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment