Monday, May 12, 2014

Small Ounce Mini Storage Organization Container Jar Boxes: The Destiny of Things, Story 195

Small Ounce Mini Storage Organization Container Jar Boxes:  The Destiny of Things, Story 195

I use these for one thing, but most seem to use them as sample containers for their business'!


I bought a hoard of these to manage and organize my bead collection.  I love these, I use them for my favorite "now" using beads and strung beads. Just set them inside and cut the string. Depending on the size of beads, it holds approx. 1 oz of seed beads.

This is a secure lid for beads. I have not tried it with paints yet. I store beads in mine and store them upside down so I can readily see what's in them and when I'm beading, I use the lid to hold beads I'm currently using.

As for liquid measure, it holds approximately 1/2 oz to almost an ounce. For dry measure, it depends on the size of what it's going to hold, but approximately 1 oz of seed beads.

As a child I loved sorting, especially beads, buttons and shells, so maybe your children will too! Take to the beach to get sand, water and shell samples or any adventure! Also good for students or children learning to count to 100 as a kind of scavenger hunt to see if they can fit 100 items in it! Easier than using walnut shells!

A little less than 1 inch tall by a little over 1 inch wide, small but still hold a lot. Secure lid.for beads. 


I thought others might find them useful too, but it seems most others used them as one ounce sample containers for soaps, lotions and other cosmetic type items.  And they sold out quickly in large order amounts.

As of 1/20/ 2014, NEW STORY from ETSY BUYER that I had on the listing: I was informed that these work well for one Etsy buyer to experiment with her "melt and pour" soaps and as a sample holder container to give to friends for sample soaps! 

How fun would that be?  Makes me want to dig out my Martha Stewart Soaps by Mail kit and make some soaps and send them to friends too!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Then four months later, another Etsy buyer bought three packs of these and wrote me back with this:

I am using these little boxes to build my home business and mail my mini facial samples to clients. It is working out great! Thanks so much.

So good to hear, these little containers are helping someone with their home based business!  And in a tiny way, I am too!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Saying Goodbye:  I still have a ton of my own stash of these, but it's interesting to see how something I thought others would use the way I use them ends up being popular for a totally different use as sample container!  So in the end, everything seems to work out!

What I Learned:

1.  My bead collection is still too large to organize properly without it taking up so much space!  I still have my bead collection from childhood through high school, college and to the present and my Mom has some of it too!  Some of it's listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, here

and in the past I've used it in my mixed media art or Religious Folk Art:

When Angels Meet, available here

This was around the time my Day of the Dead Religious Mexican Folk Art morphed into Russian Folk Art and I made these using beads from my childhood, which my best friend and I would patiently wait for her Mom's Chinese beaded slippers to wear out so we could have the beads!

St.  Michael, the Protector, available here

As a child I would spend hours sorting my beads by color and still find it quite relaxing and peaceful.  As you can see here, I sorted these into all blue.  The skull beads are from a Tibetan rosary that was falling apart that I found in the 80s.



I made two of these necklace amulets in the 80s or 90s too with some scrap molas my Mom gave me, but only one survived time travel.  It is made with beads from my Aunt's Great Grandmother from the 20s, many of them as the garland around the top and bottom are steel cut metal beads and was part of only a handful of things that survived her house burning to the ground.

Also in the 80s, I took a basket weaving class and made several pine basket pieces one included a woven candle holder that incorporated many strands of beads.



























photo via Hoarder Rehab, shown are my pine needle pin cushion, 4 coasters, 
catch all and crazy bead candle holder
 my handmade pine needle trivet sold out here

It's the crazy looking one upper left.  It casts some amazing wonderful shadows when lit in the dark against a wall or on a table and it's beaded arms are bendable, so it can be arranged in many different ways and cast all kinds of shadows!

Lately, since I'm allergic to metal, I made some gumball prize necklaces for myself, but find I just don't wear jewelry anymore!

70s - 80s gumball prize bird necklace made with WW2 surgical thread
comes in a gumball capsule
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

70s - 80s gumball prize feline necklace made with WW2 surgical thread
comes in a gumball capsule has sold, but I will make to order
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here

Oh my, this turned into more of  a "show and tell" rather than "What I Learned" and I've run out of time.  I will add that so far this spring holidays have brought me more anxiety than last year due to one family crisis after another and I have CRASHED and BURNED!  More about that later!

Thank you Etsy buyers from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy for your all your back stories on how you are using the stuff in my Junk Drawers!  I am always happy to hear how others are using them in one way or another!

Also, many Etsy buyers have sent me their "back" stories on their purchase orders, so I may need to start writing a post daily because they are starting to pile up into a hoard!  Thank you so many kind Etsy buyers for helping me out and speeding me along towards daily therapy!

Thank you Etsy for finding new lives and homes for over 670+ of my hoarded items and for over 200+ stories from Etsyians helping me with my Hoarder Rehab journey!

Thank you US, China, France, Ukraine, Australia, Lithuania, Oman, Latvia, Russia, India, Poland, Germany, United Kingdom and other countries by supporting my journey by stopping  my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 167 items ,  The Destiny of Things-181 items , VintageToGoEasy - 155 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 128 items!  
My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
Thanks for stopping bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment