Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cloisonne Cherry Blossom Clouds Bracelet: The Destiny of Things, Story 196

Cloisonne Cherry Blossom Clouds Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story 196

Someone found it, loved it and took it home!

 This was a lovely cherry blossom with clouds cloisonne bracelet,
it had pinkish white cherry blossoms on the outside and reddish ones on the inside
photo via Hoarder Rehab

And then they sent me this!!!

I'd been looking for one of these. It arrived beautifully packaged and a treasure to my heart. :) : Thank you! P.S.. the bracelet is in Perfect shape!! : ) 

That little note made my day because I know how fun and nice it is to finally find exactly what I've been searching for (especially the type of searches where I don't exactly know what I'm looking for until I see it!  Does that happen to anyone else?) and have it arrive on my doorstep in perfect shape!  And the cherry on top was that she liked my packaging as well!  Another happy sale for both parties.

photo via Hoarder Rehab, cloisonne necklace handmade here

If someone would have asked me if I had a cloisonne collection, I would have said "No" in an instant and out of the all the collections I listed back when to show myself I was in hoarder denial, cloisonne is not on it!!!  But if I look at my sold items in two of my shops, I have let go of more than several pieces!

So I ask myself, "why cloisonne?"  And an answer comes clearly and easily... my Mom!  My Mom had several pieces of cloisonne jewelry and it was all the rage in the 70s to 90s?  

I can still picture my favorite pieces of hers, one is an orange lotus with green leaves with a navy ring around it and another is a cherry blossom shaped belt buckle with a Nightingale on it she made a sash to go with a brown batik dress with white cherry blossoms and petals falling.

When I got older she let me borrow that dress sans the belt buckle, but just to be in that dress reminds of staying cool on hot summer days with cherry blossoms falling around me.  She let me borrow the lotus earrings every once in awhile too and I loved them so much, later I made a replica of it in my stained glass class in high school.

Of course, my instructor discouraged any round pieces and the use of red or orange glass which supposedly were more difficult to cut in curves, but I insisted on making it.  I remember only having enough money to buy enough orange glass to cut correctly once or the five perfect lotus petals would have to be pieced.

I was lucky and it turned out just like my Mom's earrings, but about fifteen inches in diameter.  I'm not sure if I still have that piece because I vaguely remember stepping on it accidentally some how and it might have been damaged beyond repair, but I still have two pieces left.  

One hangs in my Mom's kitchen and is a patch of iris leaves and another is another round geometric piece using red, purples and yellow.  I'm pretty sure I still have the geometric piece some where in my hoard of hoards!

photo via Hoarder Rehab, cloisonne necklace handmade here

Saying Goodbye:  It seems my cloisonne collection was let go more easily than many other collections and my cloisonne collection stemmed from memories of my childhood.  I had several articulated koi fish charms, a cloisonne cherry blossom ring and lastly some cloisonne beads someone gave me as a gift that I made into a necklace when I was going through my cinnabar phase!

photo via Hoarder Rehab, cloisonne necklace handmade here

What I Learned: 

1.  My list of collections seem endless and one collection entices another one and before I know it, I've moved on from several collections into who knows what next!  Luckily my cinnabar collection was mostly limited to some beads and one trinket box.

It had a beautiful contrasting glossy lining or turquoise coloring
photo via Hoarder Rehab, sold out here

2.  Some interesting memories from this piece came up from one of the best classes I ever took in high school, Stained Glass.  I'll have to go hoard diving for my geometric piece now.  It was my least favorite, but I do remember my teacher kept offering to buy it.  Of course, I thought he was just kidding, until he offered me $50 for it, which was a lot of money back then when I was in high school, but I suppose I was already attached to my things because I still have it!

What have you kept from your high school days that bring back good memories?  I think I spent much of my high school days feeling self conscious with needless worry about being constantly judged, until I found many after school activities, like volunteer work for deaf children and team sports. 

So let's see... good memories?  I probably have a lot, but can only think of a favorite plain off white t-shirt that I think still fits me (and I actually know where it is!) and my class ring that I just had to have, but never wore once I got it!  Hahaha, the good ol' days!

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for sharing your joy about finding my cloisonne bracelet because I think your note brought me just as much joy!

Thank you Etsy for so many connections with people willing to share their stories to help me with mine by taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and the Destiny of Things in more ways than one!

Thank you US, China, Germany, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Ukraine, Spain, UK, Indonesia, India, Lithuania, Luxembourg and many other countries for your visits and support towards my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 165 items ,  The Destiny of Things-183 items , VintageToGoEasy - 155 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 128 items!  
 
My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
Related Stories:

1.  My First Sign that I was A Hoarder!  My Ever Expanding list of Collections!  I can now add cloisonne as number 123 things collected.  Stain glass windows too!

2.  Cloisonne Plate Wall Decor:  I totally forgot about this piece of cloisonne!  and it has a photo update!

3.  Articulated Cloisonne Koi Charm with Japanese Deer Park Memories, here

4.  The first Cloisonne Koi Charm pendant story that started the rolling out of these memories beginning with a family friend's koi farm, here!
 
"I must master a new way to think before I can master a new way to be." ---Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment