Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Office Stamper by Night and Craft Stamp by Day: The Destiny of Things, Story 199

Office Stamper by Night and Craft Stamp by Day:  The Destiny of Things, Story 199

I can't believe it!?!  I got snail mail from someone and forgot to write about it!!!

Hmm... I seriously thought I had written this story already!  Until another story reminded me about this story and I went looking for it and it was no where to be found!


As a recovering hoarder, not only is my house cluttered up to the max, but my mind is too!  Look what I found buried in ever growing folders of folders on my computer! Oh my and it's from last year!  And how funny, there's the date stamped right on it using the date stamper the story is about!!!!

And to top it off, I thought I had already wrote about this!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
or The Destiny of Things, available here

Back in October, when I received this letter I had it on my stairway tansu with it's book marker in a prominent display spot!  It eventually came unglued and I tucked it away for safe keeping.  Today I found it too and put it back together.


So there's the beautiful book marker that someone personalized and made just for me!  It's puffy, glittered and layered and I love it!  Does anyone know the name of that font?  I used to do calligraphy with that font and Old English.  So it's even written with a font that brings back good memories to me!

Anyways...

This stamper works double duty!  By night it's a billing date stamper at a hospital and by day it's used for crafting.  Mainly to finish her wedding album!  How cool, is that?

And guess what else?  She loved my handwritten letter and the goodies I sent with her package!  It's a little funny too because she thinks her story is boring and I never find the stories boring!  I find them fascinating that someone actually responded  to my note and later I find it enlightening as I relate their story to mine.

And getting a story "snail mail!?"  That's just special rarity.

 At the time, a little one's birthday was near and I was experimenting with cards, so I made her this little interactive paper doll card.  I had a couple versions and plenty of extras, so I sent one with a letter to Ashley.
The interactive paper doll card is available here

I wish I would have taken a better photo, so you could see that I used my date stamper too!

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here
or The Destiny of Things, available here

Saying Goodbye:  My stamper is going to last me another 9 years!  Yeah! to 9 more years of happy stamping!  

What I Learned:

1.  I love stamps and stickers, so much so, I became a notary so I could see what it's like to stamp my little heart out officially!

2.  I'm not the only one with a weakness for stamps and stickers, so is Ashley, so it's nice to know I'm in good company and have something in common with a non hoarder!

3.  Anything is possible when you own some rubber stamps!

Which rubber stamper is your favorite?  I use this one the most and it's one of my favorites.  My three other favorites are a tiny heart, a tiny crown and one that looks like a mod asterisk.  I make little doodads with them and put them in the "thank you packaging, " like this below:

This is somewhat like what I send as a packaged goodies or Japanese custom, omiyage thank you gift
photo via The Destiny of Things, available here
Each shop has one listed and they are all slightly different!

Thank you Ashley for sending me a letter through snail mail!  I love snail mail!  So an extra BIG thanks to you!  And I love your story and it's NOT boring.  I love how your stamper is an office stamp by night and a crafting stamp by day!  My apologizes for thinking I had already written it!

Thank you Etsy for so many amazing stories that help me with mine!  My Hoarder Rehab journey is a whole lot more exciting, fun and delightful than I ever expected!

Thank you US, China, Australia, Spain, Canada, Germany, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, India and many others who have supported me with their visits to my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!   

My NEW GOAL is to have 175 items listed on each shop and one has just been met at The Destiny of Things, so I'll be listing at least 1 new item daily on each shop five days a week! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 173 items ,  The Destiny of Things-188 items , VintageToGoEasy - 161 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 135 items!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 
Related Stories:
 
1.  Read about someone who scrapbooks with hers,  here
 
2.  A kindergarten teacher saving time using this date stamper, here!  A "destiny as infinity" story.
 
 3"Destiny as Infinity":  How I got the idea of "untold destiny" wishes through a mish mash of thoughts!
 
4.  My other "must have" teacher tools, I kept close at hand:   Service Bell and Receipt Spike  
5.  I received a handwritten snail mail letter with a beautiful personal book marker about someone's story and their date stamper and I can't find it!  I think it's a long lost story I MUST find now! 

I did finally find it, but not under the tab, The Destiny of Things!  It was in my many folders of folders of photos that I title under numerous names until they are mixed up or lost!  oh my...
 
"Nothing brings you peace, but the triumph of principles."  Boyd Crowder from Justified quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment