Monday, December 30, 2013

A Record Breaking Order: The Destiny of Things, Story #145

A Record Breaking Order:  The Destiny of Things, Story #145

It was like a pleasant whirl wind came through....and left with 21 items!



My Jesus flicker address book that flicked from this to this:


 The old fashioned kind that folded up flat and stayed closed magnetically.

above photos via The Destiny of Things
 
She said, "This was a nice find and unusal buy for me. It was much needed though because when I saw it I knew just what address I need it for. Thanks."

I think that's very interesting and mysterious and exactly like something I would do!



These are my box of journals I thought I was going to use because they held different types of paper, like lined paper, blank paper and my favorite being graph paper!  Also the covers were coordinating and just my style, see the covers better here, in the second photo.


I'm glad she's already using them and said, "they came just in time!"


Her comment for both of these two different types of tooth holders and mentioned this twice, "Awesome memories of years gone by. Didn't know these were still around until I found your shop. I had a fun time shopping. I also had a fun time planning. Thank you."

These are from our Etsy shop, The Destiny of Things and are available here and here!

These pirate treasure chest tooth keepers have glow in the dark necklaces!  The chests are available here, if you need the glow in the dark necklaces, just ask and I'll make a custom listing for you!


The tooth molar necklaces come in three different necklace color choices and are available, here.




Many of the items may have left, but came with a story!  Most of the order is for a GNO Party in January!  Mainly for Girls Night Out gift bags with layered gifts all the way down to the bottom! 

So kinda like a surprise ball, but in a bag in layers!  And perhaps it was a craft GNO  because some of the stories I got on things were going to be made into other things, while others were put in the gumball capsules for fun later and for surprise emergency gifts as needed. 

Here are the items she ordered from JunkDrawerLoveEtsy:

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, black and white available here and neon googly eyes, here

Part of the story is these googly wiggly eyes are going to be added to some the things below and some might even be made into PET ROCKS!  What fun!  I especially want to try her idea on my own foam stickers!


These Paper Bliss embellishments are from my teaching days when I used them as story starters for my students ranging from childhood memories to Mother's day.


More Paper Bliss embellishments at JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, here

I am going to use her idea and some of the extra Paper Bliss embellishments I have left over from my teaching days and put googly eyes on them and add them to shipping tags and use them as gift tags!


 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here, in multiples of 10 to 40 for classroom use, but the largest orders have been 120 and over

I love these shipping tags and use them in many different ways!  And this Etsy buyer has given me two more ideas on how to use them!  Thank you!

Her other idea is to have some fun with her nephew by adding googly eyes to these foam stickers!  I think I'll do the same!  Thank you Etsy buyer for the fun and easy project day ideas!

220+ foam stickers, available here

Much of her order was pink, so I asked if she was having a "pink" GNO and she said she wasn't, but that "pink" was the "in" color.  This was from the month of October, so she was planning about three months ahead of time.

More of her pink order! Like this neon pink ruler:

That was my last pink ruler, but the other neon colors are available, here!

I loved using these stencils as a kid and so did my students!  Also, it is a very good way to teach the alphabet to kinesthetic English as a Second Language learners, especially since most third grade students would rather "do" something different than recite the alphabet over and over.

Plus there's a couple letters missing and there were always several different "creative" solutions to solving that!

AND this pink diamond desk inspiration:


photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, pink diamond desk inspiration, available here


I made this pink diamond as desk inspiration for artists, writers, teachers and anyone who loves pink!  

I have more coming for 2014 too!  A red diamond made especially for teachers and also, some pink and red Hello Kitty diamonds for girls and silver pirate treasure diamonds for boys!


photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, pink beads available here


Other items were candy color or neon, like these empty gumball machine capsules:

Yes, I love gumball machine capsules and use them in many different ways also.

I have used many for my own art project called, Childhood Memories, Childhood Dreams and it holds many of the sentimental jewelry pieces from my childhood, some of them made by my Uncle who sold his jewelry and art at the Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival back in the 60s and 70s.

These pieces are stored in a penny gumball machine that my brother and I found thrifting.

It also holds jewelry I make and make and sell on Etsy, current pieces need to be relisted, but you can see a sample of them here especially in photos 4 and 5.

I also like to give charm bracelets and charms as gifts, for example, I know a little one and we have matching charm bracelets and sometimes I put the charms in the gumball machine capsule, so it doesn't get lost when enclosed with other gifts.

Gumball machine capsules, available here and here

I think some of these candy and neon color items filled up some of the gumball capsules to the layered gift bags!  like these sweet tart colored moon, flower and sun beads, available here:


and these candy colored bracelets:


She ordered half my stash of my pony heart beads, available here!


and these neon pencil eraser toppers available here:


Last but not least, she said that many of things brought back memories of things she hadn't seen in years and didn't think were still around to order as a good reminder to monkey around, available here:

She collects these and says they are good to have around!


This is the one project, I hope she'll write me back about and clue me in on her Mother turned these into little skillets!


 More Coca Cola caps listed here.  Libbey Coca Cola cups here and Coca Cola bottles here!

Saying Goodbye:  I didn't have any issues of any of these things leaving because I have my own stash of the exact same!  However, I did have a blast packaging all of it and at the time wondered what kind of artist was ordering all of it!  And now she's given me all these ideas for a "pink" GNO party!  Thanks!

What I Learned:

1.  She mentioned several times that she was having fun shopping and planning!  Key word for me being, "planning."  I often buy things haphazardly and randomly buy large amounts to my heart's desire and later hope everything comes together!  

What a HA! and AH Hah moment for me!  How many times has my hoard come together, besides to make a huge cluttered mess in piles of boxes to the ceiling?  When was the last time I planned and then shopped?

More often than not, I shop, then plan, shop some more and then move on to the next "something else!"  This Etsy buyer kept saying, "I had a fun time shopping.  I also had a fun time planning."

This is a very difficult thing for me to do because I am a kinesthetic learner.  I need to see, touch and feel my art items in my hands, move them around, feel my way around until they look and feel right.  Make a mess and then put it in a more orderly spacial sense.

I have a very difficult time imagining what I want to see in my mind, especially if it has to do with proportion, any type of dimension or measurements, but if I have these things in my presence it's much easier for me to manipulate them into what I want to see and in the end keep moving everything around until it feels right, not necessarily if it looks right.

However, it does take up a lot of time shopping and with a whole lot of trial and error!

What to do about this?  At the moment, I have no idea what to do about it, but what a break through!

Thank you Etsy buyer for your mega buy and record breaking order!  but a HUGE thanks to your story connecting with my story and bringing me such insight!

Thank you Etsy for your continued Hoarder Rehab support for connecting my hoard with buyers!

Thank you US, Germany, UK, US Virgin Islands, France, India, Ukraine and China for your support and visits to my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 102 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will resume adding new listings on Friday, January 5, 2014.  All orders from any and all shops will be shipping out on Friday, January 5, 2014!  

Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

And thank you Ivy, my California BFF for using the invite to open your new Etsy shop, Love Lotus Vintage!  Visit her newly opened shop, Love Lotus Vintage! 

She has opened with romantic clothing, such a good way to begin the New Year!  My favorites are the kawaii Japanese red Yukata robe with strawberries and bunnies, here and 50s pink handmade house dress here.  I just love that big collar!  

Today's favorite is this Gunne Sax dress, here!  I love it's 80s style and it's just my size too! 
If anyone else would like an invite to open their own Etsy shop and get 40 free listings, let me know how I can help you! 

"Harmony.  It's not about what's lasting or permanent.  It's about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment may only last a length of a breath...." ---Francis Underwood from the House of Cards

Thank you to all who have come and gone or about to come with harmony....

No comments:

Post a Comment