Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kneeling Santa Praying: The Destiny of Things, Story #143

Kneeling Santa Praying to Baby Jesus:  The Destiny of Things, Story #143

Some good old fashioned 80s Christmas kitsch that came with a story!

photo via VintageToGoEtsy

Here's my story from the listed description:

Side Kick Story: I used to have a collection of these in various sizes, not due to my own hoarding ways, but they were given to me yearly as Christmas gifts from different aunts and uncles. One was huge, like 8" x 12" and weighed a ton! I think this is the only one I have still because it is the smallest to store more easily. I am conflicted as to categorize this as Collectible Novelty or Kawaii Kitsch. I hope someone finds this oddly interesting and loves this as I do as Christmas kitsch!

And someone did!


photo via VintageToGoEtsy

Story by email:

Hi, I ordered the kneeling Santa and got your note. My story- my aunt gave me the same figurine for my first Christmas and it was my favorite decoration. It wasn't Christmas until it was out. My aunt had a daughter, my cousin, and we are very close. Now, 30 years later, I'm the godmother of my cousins daughter. I thought it would be special to give her the same decoration. I still display mine every year and hope she will too. Thanks so much! Best wishes and happy holidays!

 photo via VintageToGoEtsy

One Aunt and Uncle who gave me these are Catholics and the other ones are Christians, both paternal Aunts.  

It was a sure thing for my wishes to come true for either my birthday or Christmas, but became shakey practice after a certain age, which I suppose was when I was around third grade.  I remember washing the dishes while standing on a stool and asking my Mom about church...

I think I mentioned in other posts that many different religions are practiced in my family, however my nuclear family didn't practice any and when I asked my Mom if she would take me to church oddly enough and shortly after I was placed on a basketball team instead.

I made my way to a church basketball team and by high school had two sets of friends.  Friends from high school and friend's from church basketball.  I'm still friends with my friends from basketball but I only lasted four years going to church.

I am still spiritual in my own ways and although I've forgotten now, I used to know the Bible backwards and forwards and still have the "The Way Living Bible" some where in my hoard or at least I think I do.

Anyone else remember this version of the Bible from the 70s?


Here is the story about the Kneeling Santa:

Even Santa has time to stop and adore baby Jesus in his manger. His cheeks still rosy from Christmas eve deliveries, Santa removes his hat and kneels to get a closer look at the young boy in the manger.

The Kneeling Santa Figure has helped depict the relationship between Santa Claus and the Birth of Jesus Christ for many years. This intriguing representation showcases a heart-warming figure that ties together both the religious and secular aspects of Christmas. This perception helps us focus on the true meaning of Christmas, which is the greatest gift to us all, The Baby Jesus Christ. In the presence of such love, we are all brought to our knees with humble thankfulness.


photo via VintageToGoEtsy

Saying Goodbye:   I really like the idea that Christmas doesn't begin until this Kneeling Santa is out and about!  And how this may be an heirloom item for years to come given from an Aunt just like it was given to me!  I am very happy and thankful that an Etsy buyer spent the time to send me an email to let me know.

Most likely, only another recovering hoarder will know how much relief, peace, gratitude and happiness it brings to know where a hoarded item actually landed and who is taking care of it now!

What I Learned:

1.  It seems that since 548 hoarded items have found new lives, many of them with stories public and private, I seem to have peeled away the outer layers and am getting into the nitty gritty juicy part of the core which is ambiguous, quite delicate and akin to being as vulnerable as being nude in public or some how stripped of all armor.  It is a very uncomfortable unlikeable feeling for me.

2.  The upside is that I must be getting somewhere and need to keep moving onwards and upwards, despite the above mentioned feelings to some how move past and get through to the other side, no matter how scary, unknown and/or exciting it becomes for me.

Anyone "out there" made it to the flip side?  I'm sure it was worth it, but how did it feel getting through it?

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEtsy for sending your email story and joining me for a bit on my Hoarder Rehab journey!  It is kind people like you who are making all the difference!

Thank you Etsy for helping me find over 548 new homes and better lives for my items packed and hoarded away in boxes, some of which haven't seen daylight in decades!

Thank you readers from US, Australia, Germany, Libya and Sweden for stopping by since yesterday and visiting my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

All shops are on vacation mode until December 26, if there is something you need from : HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  please email us at hoarderrehab@gmail.com 

We will return and resume new listings after the Christmas holidays on December 26 or 27!  Thank you!

Some of the Related Christmas Stories from last year:

1.  A Destiny as Infinity Story, where someone actually took the words in my description to heart and wanted the Polaroid cameras to make a scrap book and show her younger cousins how photos used to be taken and needed a layaway plan, but instead her Mom say it in her favorites and bought it for her for Christmas birthday!  Read it here

2.  Romantic Christmas Cross story about Roger buying a cross and keeping it a secret for his wife!  Read it here, visit his etsy shop, Casanova Design, visit his wife's Etsy shop, Esmeraldas.

3.  Many of my stories have made my wishes come true in more ways than one and many now are what I call, Destiny as Infinity Stories, read about what it means to me and how it all started here!

"I'll catch you on the flip side!"  Rocco from the movie, Boondock Saints as heard on Utube if you click on the link, one of my favorite action movies!  Watch it on netflix!  Too violent for Christmas cheer and the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment