Thursday, December 26, 2013

Not My Dollhouse Family Dolls: The Destiny of Things, Story #144

Not My Dollhouse Family Dolls:  The Destiny of Things, Story #144

On December 2, 2013 I was shocked, surprised, dismayed and in utter disbelief......



See how two dolls look as though they are struggling to get up?  That's how I was feeling, while other family members just looked on and didn't offer any help!  photo via Hoarder Rehab


because someone actually ordered my little people family from childhood!!!!!  Then my heart sank and later it felt like a heart attack... a slow non discerning one that didn't care about anything except ripping it to shreds and I didn't know what to do and sadly the only thing to do was to say goodbye to them.

It took me a long time to carefully and tenderly wrap them up and package them for shipping and my only hope was that in a couple days they'd get my dolls with my letter and return a story.

Well, a couple of days went by and then a week and then my heart sank even more until eventually other hoarded items sold leaving me in the same distress and I started to deactivate listings and eventually put the all the shops on vacation mode.

Which has turned into a good thing because I've had some time to enjoy myself without thinking or dreaming about Etsy or my hoard.  It's like being on more than a vacation because it's been like being inside the spaces between the words, which I just wrote and have no idea what it means, which often is the case with me and my writing to get me some where.

So yesterday, during one of the "space in between the words" time outs I inadvertently went to the Hoarder Rehab shop and checked it even though it was on "vacation mode" and found this email with this photo!

  The little doll family is happily at home in my granddaughter dollhouse.....! 



I was astounded!!!!  Someone took the time to steal away from the Christmas family gathering to take a photo and send it to me with an email on Christmas day!!!!

I am so grateful and as a recovering hoarder there are no words at the moment to describe the thankful joy I feel about seeing my doll in the photo in her granddaughter's dollhouse!  It feels like being on the top bunk without a fight, rational reason, taking turns or negotiation, but just because the other person doesn't want the top bunk but the lower bunk!  And everyone gets what they want without a fuss, like it was just meant to be!  An effortless win win situation!

Small miracles happen all the time and it seems more often now!  or is it that I just notice them more now that my home and mind are less cluttered?


I think it's quite interesting to mention the colors of the bunk beds too because my childhood dollhouse furniture is the same color, which I call pepto bismol pink and lime green!

I think it's a sign that my dollhouse family is right were it's supposed to be and is in the good hands of a little girl who might have more than two things in common with me!


photo via Hoarder Rehab, dollhouse furniture available here

I don't know what happened to the mattresses I made or the bed covers, but I do remember my Grandmother showing me how to make yoyo quilts for them using a quarter or was it a nickel?  I think I might have the yoyo quilts some where or perhaps my Mom has them.

My Grandmother often made me dolls, which as a child I didn't play with much, but I do remember a doll that had the same matching clothes as I did.  

We had matching double breasted wool hounds tooth coats with deep purple satin lining, pockets and Sherlock Holmes hats to match!  A light blue chiffon dress with white embossed flowers with blue satin lining, puffed sleeves and mother of pearl buttons with a matching purse, a play dress made from tropical print fabric with coordinating outfits all in the same matching tropical print we all had from my Grandmother's dress, mother's dress, shorts and top for me and dress and play clothes for Dolly.

What memories that doll family brought back! I  learned to sew from my Grandmother and Mother and by high school made all of my own clothes!

Both my Mom and Grandmother had sewing stations and kept drawers full of patterns, which my Mom kept for decades.  Now my Mom's sewing room is huge and even has a walk in closet for her textile collection.  



When I was bedridden ill, I shopped and bought many of the patterns from my past thinking I was going to remake them when I got well.  I'm not sure what I was thinking, since some of the patterns were from my high school days, however buying those patterns did get me through a difficult year by giving me enough hope to get well.

I know exactly what happened that caused me to hoard sewing patterns, but that's another story!


Saying Goodbye:  I am not quite sure what is going on with the leaving of these dolls, but I think I have some clues since I get the winter holiday blues every year, however these dolls hadn't seen the time of day in decades and it was time to let them go.

I know and have seen where they are now and can rest easy and feel much better, as if knowing since my dollhouse family dolls have come full circle, soon I will be doing so also.  The photo with the doll daughter on the top bunk with the pink and green furniture matching mine brought it all together for me.

How coincidental serendipitous is all that coming together on Christmas day and now?  It appears to be another Destiny as Infinity moment!

Thank you kind Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for taking the time on Christmas day to shoot me a photo and email story!

Thank you Etsy for bringing happiness to at least three people with this transaction and connection!

Thank you US, China, Canada, Germany and Pakistan my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 100 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will resume new listings in a few days and will continue to relist 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!
 

"We must not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we begin and to know the place for the first time."  TS Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment