Monday, September 8, 2014

Fortune Fish: The Destiny of Things, Story 238

Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238

Honk if you remember this penny toy!  Smile...

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here in 50 or 100
in amounts of 10, 20 or 30 at The Destiny of Things, here

These are becoming more a more popular these days!  I received one message that these are going to part of the swag bag for a fortune teller party.

Other party trends, including weddings seem to be carnival and circus.  I received another email noting these will be used these as part of the guest favors of carnival prizes for a carnival wedding with a rockabilly twist, another for a circus birthday party and one for a bass themed birthday party!

How fun! These should bring nostalgic memories for many and make new ones for others!  I wonder what kind of old memories it will bring back and how many new ones will be made?

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here in 50 or 100
in amounts of 10, 20 or 30 at The Destiny of Things, here

I remember these from my childhood and one of my fondest memories is trying to play with it in the back seat of our car with all the windows rolled down due to the summer heart with my long hair whipping around and trying to protect it from blowing away yet watch to see what it did on my palm because I couldn't wait to see my fortune until we got home.

photo via VintageToGoEasy, available here in 50 or 100
and in amounts of 10, 20 or 30 at The Destiny of Things, here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these because I love sending one of these in a package with a thank you note with each order.  I also keep a stash on hand in my backpack because one never knows when someone might need to be cheered up young or old or need something to do while waiting.

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my hoard is turning into regular orders at my Etsy shops!  So that's a good thing while my dehoarding runs it's course to the end.  In the meantime, I'm learning my fair share about retail business, marketing research and and how to run a shop on Etsy.

2.  Note to self:  Follow up on  my Etsy business plan from last year.  I have no clue when it comes to business, I flunked out of my economics class in college and get near business class after that! If you need some help writing one for your business, this one was plain and simple enough for me to follow and I finished in less than an hour.

How To Write a Creative Business Plan in Under an Hour from the Etsy blog here, which I just revisited to get the link and guess what?  I forgot that my comment was featured for that posting.

photo via Hoarder Rehab, frame available here
Fortune Fish, available here

Thank you Etsy buyers from all the four shops for leaving me messages about your back stories for the fortune fish because I never know how your story is going to help mine until I start writing and look where it got me today!  To follow up on my business plan from last year!  Keeps me on track with my dehoarding in more ways than one!

Thank you Etsy for being the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough!

Thank you US, Slovakia, Germany, Ukraine, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and others for your visits and taking part in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 189 items, The Destiny of Things- 202 items , VintageToGoEasy - 174 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 173 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Related Stories:

1.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 

2.  Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII, here used as party favors!

3.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here
4. A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112:  Part 1

5.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2,here

6.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here

7.  Fortune Fish at a quilting bee where old memories made new ones! Read it here!

8.  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180

9.  With an updated photo from an Etsy buyer using some of my items from the "Thank you" package, here

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: