Friday, September 5, 2014

Simple Reversible Float Frame: The Destiny of Things, Story 237

Simple Reversible Float Frame:  The Destiny of Things, Story 237

I love these double sided horizontal or vertical frames and have quite the collection of them!

photo via The Destiny of Things, available here
Frame also available in faux mahogany and pine at Hoarder Rehab, here
That's a photo of the home where my Dad was born.

It took me so long time to find simple versatile frames I like thaat I bought a lot of them.  I used them to see how my double sided washi tape collage art looks in the sun with these frames.

Here is one of my favorite art pieces:

photo via Hoarder Rehab
Washi tape quilt card, available here
Frame, available here

An Etsy buyer sent me a short message saying hers arrived safely and she's going to be using it to display her foreign notes so both sides can be seen and enjoyed!

How fun!  I imagine her frame on her desk perhaps holding a sweet note from a overseas pen pal from childhood or a special international thank you.


photo via The Destiny of Things, frame available here
Frames also available in faux mahogany and pine at Hoarder Rehab, here

I love these because they are so easy to use to change pictures.  Just slide the glass out and open the two plates of glass.  Take out and insert new picture and wa la! Done!  It can hold any photo or picture smaller than 4x6 inches and can stand horizontally or vertically.  I even stack mine!  Carefully on a shelf with a back wall.

I don't have a photo of my collage of float frames, but I'll take one this weekend.  I do have a photo of them in my vintage typed Marilyn Monroe quote quilt washi tape collages that's a Series of 4:

photo via Hoarder Rehab, art available here

As you can see I'm crazy about these frames because much of my art is double sided with the quilt collage on one side and a typed quote on the other, so the typing shows through in the sun.


photo via Hoarder Rehab, art available here

I also used them to display my favorite postage stamps of the week, favorite pressed flowers, artwork from my childhood and just found paper that I like for some reason.

photo via VintageToGoEasy, Czech Olympic stamps available here

As you can see, it does take some patience to arrange and place in between the two glass pieces evenly, if the pieces are too thin.  It also has a limit to the thickness of the paper inserted, otherwise, it will not fit back into the slot.

photo via The Destiny of Things, frame available here
Fram also available in faux mahogany and pine at Hoarder Rehab, here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these and many others like these also.  It used to part of my "Hoarding without Hoarding" experiment that's like a "catch and release" program, but they've sold so well, now I keep a stash of new ones for the Etsy shops.

What I Learned:

1.  I am somewhat conflicted when some of my hoarded items are just as loved by me as other Etsy buyers and become popular and sell quickly and in quantity.  As of now, I'm letting most of my popular items run out, unless I use them in art projects frequently or in my "thank you" packages.

What a surprise when these Fortune Fish became popular, among my other favorite things, like gumball machine capsules, plastic tooth locket necklace, tooth saver treasure chests and the loteria game cards I've used in my art since the 80s.

photo via Hoarder Rehab, frame available here
Fortune Fish, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending me a message with your back story!  I love it and a special thank you for your story because it brought me such insight related to my hoarding and now I seem to have more options on how to deal with it.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab outlet ever!  I can't thank you enough!  I have gotten rid of my hoard several times and it always boomerangs back, like a bad fad diet!  and it's so disheartening when I end up with more than the last purge!  I am confident that it's not going to happen this time around!

Thank you US, France, China, Germany, Israel, Afghanistan, Canada, Finland, Poland, Slovakia, Russia and others who stopped by to visit my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things! 

My new goal is to dehoard and list 200 items per shop!  Please visit and see what's new!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 189 items, The Destiny of Things - 200 items , VintageToGoEasy - 178 items and now JunkDrawerLove - 172 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Typed Hafiz quote with reversible collage art, available here
Frame available in faux mahogany, oak and pine at Hoarder Rehab, here

Related Stories:

1.  My Hoarding Alternatives: Washi tape art, mending and other creative outlets I try, instead of hoarding, here

Most Read Story of the Day:  Red Honeycomb Paper Lanterns, here


Most Read Story of the Month and All Time My Louis Vuitton Collection: the end of my collection is the beginning for someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!  

"And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, 'You owe me.'  Look what happens with a love like that.  It lights up the sky." ---Hafiz or Hafez, a 14th century Persian mystic and poet

2 comments:

  1. l like the quotes you leave at the very bottom of your blog.I never know what sort of wisdom I might find next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear they bring some light to your day too! Thanks for stopping by, love all your comments!

    ReplyDelete