Wednesday, September 10, 2014

300 Wedding Cocktail Animal and Mermaid Drink Markers: The Destiny of Things, Story 239

300 Wedding Cocktail Animal and Mermaid Drink Markers: The Destiny of Things, Story 239

A huge herd of hoard left in a hurry!

photo via VintageToGoEasy, animal drink markers here
Mermaid drink markers in sets of 100 here at Hoarder Rehab

A bride to be bought a herd of 200 cocktail drink animals and a school of 100 mermaids!  Every time we emailed her count got higher and higher and she said she had to have these particular ones because she loved all the colors, so off they went as another "rushed" order. 

She wanted all these colors and in equal amounts, so there was a lot of counting and sorting going on!

What party animal fun!  But in her rush I became rushed and forgot to ask about her wedding theme.  I wonder if it was carnival, zoo or circus which seem to be popular right now.  Or perhaps it was just old fashioned fun!

I wish I had taken a photo of that huge order, but I simply didn't think about it til now.

photo via Hoarder Rehab
Mermaid drink markers in sets of 100 here 
Animal drink markers here at VintageToGoeEasy

I love these little critters and have been collecting them for years!  especially the ones with bails because since I'm allergic to sterling and gold jewelry now I was going to make some necklaces out of these for myself, but I have since found that I don't even care to wear jewelry anymore.

In my head, I have all kinds of planned projects for them all, but never seem to get around to even starting them!

I take that back, I did start an art project using the mermaids adding them to my little Day of the Dead shrines I used to make back in the 80s, but guess what?  It's the red mermaids that look best with my art and out of the gadzillion mermaids I only have FOUR in red!

photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy
Monkey drink charms here

I had also started a Frida Kahlo assemblage project using these monkeys because she had two pet monkeys, Fulang Chang, a gift from her husband and Caimito de Guayabal and for her they were symbols of protection, but that is now lost in my hoard, also for the 80s.

Also Frida Kahlo has become so popular now that I've lost interest, but one day when I find these projects lost in my hoard, I do hope to finish them.



Saying Goodbye:  I won't be saying goodbye to my stash for awhile, but when I do, I'll have picked through and saved all my favorite colors!  It's always good to have a handful of these stashed away in the junk drawer because you never know when you'll need one to hitch a ride on your favorite drink!

Little ones especially like them when they graduate from a sippy cup to a small juice glass!  What better way to celebrate with one of these festive critters.  As for adults, it will bring a smile and a nostalgic memory to any Happy Hour libation from a foo foo drink to hot cocoa!

What I Learned:

1.  Some of favorite destash is becoming quite loved on my Etsy shops, like the Fortune Fish and tooth saver treasure chests and tooth locket necklaces.  Also my float frames and loteria game sets.

These were all learning tools I've used since the 80s in my classroom, except for the float frames.  I use the float frames for my double sided collage art.

Oh and last, but not least my gumball capsules I use in my crafts and use as a gift box container when my jewelry gets ordered.

2.  So to use my quote from last Monday:  "Some of my hoard is turning into regular orders at my Etsy shops!  So that's a good thing while my dehoarding runs it's course to the end.  In the meantime, I'm learning my fair share about retail business, marketing research and and how to run a shop on Etsy."

And perhaps I've found a small niche on Etsy for awhile!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
25 gumball capsules as shown with no hassle delivery, here

Thank you Etsy buyer for letting me know that my huge stash of  cocktail drink markers are all finding new homes on some fun drinks for your wedding and thank you for the insight from your story to mine!

Maybe I am making a little niche market from all my favorite old fashioned hoard from childhood days long past and even from my long lost teacher days. Wouldn't that be something? A small silver lining, but still a silver lining!

Thank you Etsy for the ever amusing and fun way to dehoard and who knows where this journey will take me, but it way more fun than anything else I've tried before!

Thank you US, Russia, China, Australia, Malaysia, Romania, Ukraine, France, Netherlands, Germany, Canada, Iraq, Mexico, Poland, Singapore and others who  stopped by in support of my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

 photo via The Destiny of Things, loteria game available here

My new goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop by December for the Christmas season!  I've already met that goal at The Destiny of Things and I'm getting close to meeting it on Hoarder Rehab!  I'm going to try and list new hoard daily at each shop until I reach my new goal.

Click on the shop names to visit my new hoard listed daily: HoarderRehab with 190 items, The Destiny of Things- 202 items , VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy - 174 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

Related Stories:

1.  Another loved item from my destah with story:   Fortune Fish for all kinds of different themes wedding and party favors here


3.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid drink charm for over 50 years, read her story here.

 photo via JunkDrawerLoveEtsy, available here

"The good you today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway." ---excerpt from Mother Teresa's "anyway" poem

No comments:

Post a Comment