Monday, February 2, 2015

Vintage Nesting Frog Cycle Toy Figurines: The Destiny of Things, Story 271

Vintage Nesting Frog Cycle Toy Figurines:  The Destiny of Things, Story 271

From tadpole to frog in four leaps! and the cycle continues....

vintage nesting frog cycle family, available here

Note from Buyer I have one of these from childhood that I just can't depart with. I've been looking for one for my 9 year old son. He is going to love this for Valentine's Day! Thanks so much for posting!  

It's nice to know I'm in good company and not the only one who can't depart from things!  And what a sweet Valentine's gift for her 9 year old son who is most likely in third grade when "life cycles" are  explored and studied, especially frogs, butterflies and seasons.

And that's exactly how I used these plastic figurines as little puzzles to study the frog cycle for my tactile learners.  I kept all my frog realia in a pouch like the one below.  I don't know what happened to my frog pouch from my teaching days, but I found this brand new one in my hoard along with a batch of the nesting frog cycle toys.

photo via VintageToGoeasy
vintage frog pouch tote, available here

I wasn't the only one who loves these with their wiggly google eyes!  My students loved them too and it's so nice to learn while having fun!  And who doesn't love a puzzle!  It's better than a pop quiz!

vintage nesting frog cycle family, available here

Saying Goodbye:  Of course, I have one saved for myself and some for little ones I know when  they are older.  Perhaps when the time comes, I won't need one for myself either and can let them all go. 

What I Learned:

1.  Lately letting things go has been easy going and stressless, so it feels like I'm making good progress.

However, I never know how I am going to feel about letting something go until that one random item is ordered and it's time to send it off to it's new life and home.

2.  My family is a trigger to stress which I usually release through retail therapy and have noticed that my insomnia is back after sleeping well for six months and I'm starting to do more window shopping lately, so I'll have to keep a conscious check on myself and rely on my creative outlets as alternatives to hoard shopping.

I've also slowly been getting back into shape starting with some yoga, as another alternative to stress release.

And I rely on comfort foods to destress too until I find healthier alternatives that work instantly.  Lately it's been snack size Organic Kettle chips and one square of organic Theo salted dark chocolate with almonds.  I'm not sure how my insomnia returned, but it was around the time when I ate something that gave me an allergic reaction and I was sick for a couple of days.

Anyways, I'm holding the fort down and hoarding patterns and it feels good!

fun froggy frog bling embellishments, available here

Thank you Etsy and Etsy buyers for your continued support by sending your stories. I am always amazed at the insight I get out of it all.
 
I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see you two playing with your nesting frog sets together! 
 
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your visits are much appreciated!
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new weekly at each shop until I reach 200 at least three shops!  I have reached that goal at two shops today!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 202 items, The Destiny of Things- 192 items , VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 163 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
photo via VintageToGoeasy
Keroppi Sanrio Frog Best Friends book, available here


My Hoarding Tip #1 that worked for me:

1.  Admit, Accept, Confide, Contain.  I contemplated about whether or not I was a hoarder for about half my life, long before hoarders were in shows and I've purged about every ten years and all my hoard would seem to boomerang back ten fold like a bad diet!

I've had back and forth battles of tug of war between thinking I was a collector, eccentric, a pack rat and a person with many different hobbies and that I just love clutter!

I've taken photos of my hoard and I've moved every two to three years dragging all my boxes and boxes of hoard with me, but that didn't phase me much, it wasn't until I started making a list of my collections that I realized that maybe, just maybe my hoard was getting in the way of my life!  Just that little shift in thinking manifested the possibility of a whole new different life and that life started to take shape, like a little flicker of star light that I could see wink at me every once in awhile.

I had to find my own way to admit, accept and confide some patterns in my life I wanted to change and see what happens without them because there must be other things out in life that's better than hoarding every time I'm overloaded with stress.

What's the worst that can happen?  I can always give myself permission to return to hoarding at any given moment and that thought brings me comfort without having to act on it most of the time, but on the other hand, how much more will my life become more enriched if I change my hoarding patterns just a little teeny weeny baby step at a time?

What baby step have you taken today to change something in your life?  Even though I'd rather be window shopping at this moment, I'm writing this posting to see what difference it will make for me.

I'll write about "Contain" and how I maintain containment soon!

photo via VintageToGoeasy
mini vintage frog erasers, available here

"Those little baby steps start to add up!"---Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things

No comments:

Post a Comment