Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bohemian Beach Wedding Party Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 274

Bohemian Beach Wedding Party Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Story 274

Another surprise use for these!  Such fun and easy party favors for any occasion!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
50, 100 or 150 fortune fish, available here

An Etsy buyer wrote:  

"Can't wait to use these at my Bohemian beach wedding!"

Well, I'd love to be a fly on the wall, or shore to see how these are used and I'm not quite sure what a Bohemian wedding is all about, so I googled it.  There are so many gorgeous Bohemian beach wedding photos and blogs to discover!

And guess what?  It's like a remake of Hippie Boho Nature weddings from the past!  Just like my Aunt and Uncle's beach wedding from the 60s!  It was just called a beach wedding back then with my Uncle and Aunt's friends dressed as gypsy flower child and beatnik hippies.  My family was dressed mid century modern classic and that's how my mom dressed us too, but I got to wear a crown of flowers and hold a hand picked flower bouquet with silky lace ribbon and twine tied around it!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
50, 100 or 150 fortune fish, available here

These would be perfect for a Bohemian beach wedding!  The little envelope has beach waves and even a fish that will wiggle in your hand and foresee what kind of love is in the air!  Who could resist that at a wedding?  Especially while waiting to be served or as ice breaker table conversation or keeping children amazed.

smaller amount in 8, 10, 12 or 20, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I keep my share fair of these and keep them handy to pass out when I see someone needs a dancing fish to cheer them up!  I put them in shop packages all the time and slip some in to letters and thank you notes because anyone young at heart loves these!

And little ones ask me over and over to take one out of my purse, so they can see how it will dance in their hands.  They could careless about what the movements mean or what their love fortune tales!  They just love the magic dancing moving fish! 

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my own hoard has become best sellers on my shops! and this is one example.  It's always so fun to hear how they will be used.  People are so creative with fortune fish!

2.  Luckily these are small and don't take up much room, so even though I still keep a hoard of them around, it's not noticeable nor does it interfere with my life, like some of the rest of my hoard!

3.  Yes, I'm still dehoarding and probably half way through!  So for me, the glass is half empty!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
50, 100 or 150 fortune fish, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending me your story and I can't wait til you use them at your Bohemian beach wedding too!  Thank you for giving me a blast to the past and giving others ideas for their weddings.

Thank you Etsy for helping me make my dehoarding more enjoyable and fun!  because it hasn't been all the other times I've tried it!

Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your support by visiting is much appreciated!
 
My new dehoarding goal is to list something new weekly at each shop until I reach 200 at least three shops!  I have reached that goal at two shops!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 203 items, The Destiny of Things- 195 items , VintageToGoEasy - 201 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 164 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

 I love the classic old school graphics so much, I keep one framed,
like a mixed media art collage.  These frames are out of stock at the moment,
but the smaller float frames are available at JunkDrawerandMore, here

Hoarder Rehab Tip #3:  Tips on "How I Maintain my hoard!"

I don't know if this would work for anyone else, but it works so well with me, it's like a miracle!  Drum roll, please.... I don't even think you need to be a recovering hoarder to enjoy this tip!

One of the best things I've ever done for myself and my hoard is "hire a weekly cleaning service!"  And if you are like me and need to justify the cost and luxury of one, it's pretty simple.... if you work you deserve one!  Let me see if I can explain how I've justified it to myself in the beginning to get me started.

First, I did some spring cleaning on my own and timed myself to see how long it would take me to clean my entire house from top to bottom.  Usually I'd only start downstairs which included, vacuuming all the floors, windowsills and couch, dusting everything, cleaning the sink, kitchen counters, the cabinets, the dishes, bathroom, etc and it would take me about 2 hours and I'd be so "done" I would never get around to the upstairs!

So the next week, I'd start with the upstairs and spend one hour up there until I got to the hoarded areas and would kinda stray and wander around just shifting hoard around!

Second, I asked myself how to fit the cost of a cleaning service in my budget.  That was pretty easy to convince myself.  I calculated that about one to two hours of work payed for four hours of cleaning service and they can clean my entire house top to bottom in four hours on a weekly!

So not only is my house clean top to bottom weekly, but I save a lot of time and energy too!

Next time, I'll write about how this keeps me on a dehoarding schedule and helps me prioritize other cleaning deeds.

Related Stories:  Other wedding ideas from Etsy buyers!


2.  Doily Wedding Craft Garland:  The Destiny of Things, Story 202

3.  Loteria Game DIY Mexican Theme Wedding Table Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 221

4.  Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238, other wedding themed ideas

5.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here 

"As a recovering hoarder, I like to see the glass as half empty, others the glass half full, but I also think the glass is just too small!" a play on words from a quote from George Carlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment