Wednesday, December 31, 2014

UPDATE: Fortune Fish for Carnival Theme Wedding: The Destiny of Things, Story #266

UPDATE:  Fortune Fish for Carnival Theme Wedding:  The Destiny of Things, Story #266

So inspiring to be remembered five months later!

photo via VintageToGoEasy 
Fortune Fish available here

An Etsy buyer bought these in July and sent me an update story with photo a couple of days ago!  Such a nice surprise in my email!

Hi, just wanted to say thank you again for my purchase, and I thought that you might like to see how I used them in my wedding. We had a vintage carnival themed wedding, so the fortune fish were just perfect to put with our favors, and everyone absolutely loved them! I have attached an image for you :) Also the little envelope full of treasures that came with them was brilliant!! was super neat opening it, what an awesome touch.
  
I never thought this item would be so popular as wedding favors, but I can imagine how fun and entertaining it would be for each guest, young or old!  And even more fun at a vintage carnival themed wedding!

Here's the photo I received!  So fun!

photo via kind Etsy buyer
Fortune Fish available here

How cool is that place setting!  Such visual fun!  I love the vinyl record place mat and caramel popcorn to snack on while waiting... and it looks like there are more fun surprises in the goodie bag!  

Another Etsy buyer let me know they were a hit at their wedding too, especially while guests were waiting to be served their food.  

I hope others get some good ideas from all those who have shared past and present. 

Saying Goodbye:  I am always happy to hear good news and am beyond surprised at how popular one of my favorite childhood fortune penny toys has become again.  It has become a staple at our Etsy shops.

What I Learned:

1.  Maybe it is possible to turn hoarding into a business.  It is an idea I toyed with when I first started my Hoarder Rehab from an Etsy blog article I had read that may have planted a seed, but right now I am only half way through my hoard and would rather see that to the end.

2.  As a recovering hoarder, it is very inspiring for me to receive stories and photos of how things are being used because as a recovering hoarder, I am obviously very attached and sentimental to things and hearing and seeing them outside of myself helps restructure my attachment and sentiment in a new way.

3.  I've learned a lot about myself and my hoarding habits this year and I am much more hopeful than when I started this journey two years ago.  My insights about my hoarding ways and how to improve them are strewn about on this blog and my journey has been a backward and forward roller coaster ride, but it is progress and not perfection that I will continue to focus on.

photo via VintageToGoEasy 
Fortune Fish available here

Thank you Etsy buyer for sending me an update and photo and especially for letting me know that the envelope of treasures was something fun for you to open because lately I've been discouraged with complaints about them.  Your "thank you" came at a time when I really needed it.

Thanks to all Etsy buyers this year and last, who have shared your stories with me because without them my Hoarder Rehab would not have been grounded, nor as insightful for me.

Thank you Etsy for the opportunity to share my hoard and to learn so much about managing an online business.  I knew close to nothing about running a business and am quite techless, however I am still working on becoming more techful.

Thank you readers from all over the world for your visits.  Positive support from just seeing a visit has been much appreciated. 

Related Stories:




4.  Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238, other wedding themed ideas

"The end of the beginning" ---Winston Churchill, November 9, 1942

Happy New Year to you and yours this 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment