Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Fortune Teller Fish: The Destiny of Things: Story 264

Christmas Fortune Teller Fish:  The Destiny of Things: Story 264

I love it when things bring back old memories and also make new ones!

photo via Hoarder Rehab
Fortune Fish, available at The Destiny of Things, here in amounts of 10, 20 or 30
At Hoarder Rehab, in larger amounts of 50, 100 or 150 here

I received an email in October from the Netherlands that two office friends are sending these in their Christmas cards this December.  Recently, I received similar words in "note to buyer" saying:

Great find. A childhood favorite. Fits right in the ol' Christmas card. Thanks for having them

So reassuring, fun and nice to receive random acts of kindness!

Fortune Fish, available at The Destiny of Things, here in amounts of 10, 20 or 30
At Hoarder Rehab, in larger amounts of 50, 100 or 150 here

Lastly, I received a story from a Mum who's had her fortune fish since childhood and how her daughter loved to play with it too, but it finally stopped telling fortunes after all these years, so she was happy to find new ones.

How cool, is that?  I remember these from my childhood, but I didn't save a single one from that time.  I do still have many things from my childhood, like my box of worry dolls, favorite hopscotch throw bracelet, my lucky Zuni sungod pendant, and miniature collection.  Most of it have found new lives and homes, but some are still available here.

Fortune Fish, available at The Destiny of Things, here in amounts of 10, 20 or 30
At Hoarder Rehab, in larger amounts of 50, 100 or 150 here

Saying Goodbye:  I am so thankful that many others love these as much as I do!  And best of all, I love it when Etsy buyers let me know about it!

What I Learned:

1.  Many of my favorite things from childhood are becoming popular again!  I love it when things from the past bring back nostalgic memories for some while making new memories for others.  I've had several Etsy buyers tell me these were hit at their weddings, as table confetti while guests waited for their dinner to arrive.

I've had others tell me they use in making their surprise balls and others have used it as party decor.  They've told me it makes great party favors for all kinds of themed wedding and birthday parties from a Vintage Carnival themed wedding, Halloween favors, instead of candy to a bass birthday party!  So much fun1

Thank you Ety and Etsy buyers for your continued support and fun stories that keep me going and that give me insight into my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits! 
  
My goal is to list at least 200 items from my hoard on each shop until December 1st!  I reached that goal at three shops!  So now I'm taking a breather and taking time to reflect over my Hoarder Rehab journey and perhaps think of some new Hoarder Rehab goals!

Click on the shop names to visit hoard listed on most days: HoarderRehab with 200 items, The Destiny of Things- 194 items , VintageToGoEasy - 196 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 128 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Fortune Fish, available at The Destiny of Things, here in amounts of 10, 20 or 30
At Hoarder Rehab, in larger amounts of 50, 100 or 150 here

Related Stories: 
1.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 

2.  Fortune Teller Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXXII, here used as party favors!

3.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here

5.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2,here

6.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here

7.  Fortune Fish at a quilting bee where old memories made new ones! Read it here!

8.  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180

9.  With an updated photo from an Etsy buyer using some of my items from the "Thank you" package, here 

10.  Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238:  Various ways they've been used in themed parties.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment