Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Stacking Crayons Replacement Story: The Destiny of Things, Story 265

Christmas Stacking Crayons Replacement Story:  The Destiny of Things, Story 265

I hadn't received a "replacement" story in quite awhile til the other day! So nice to see one!

 7 color stacking crayons, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab


Here it is:

Hi. I read your thank you note. Our story :)
My daughter got this same exact crayon as a gift from her teacher for the holidays. She wanted to bring it to school so badly today and I told her no. She them told me that her friends all brought theirs in (she's in Kindergarten). So of course I went against my better judgement I let her take it. Well it fell while she was walking home from school and broke and she lost many pieces. She was upset. And she was worried I would be mad. I'm not of course but felt bad because I knew how much she loved this gift. So I searched for it online. And finally found it at your etsy store. Thank you!


I love that story!  Thank you to the Etsy buyer who took the time to send it to me.  Perfect timing too, just as I was getting bogged down in the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  This note of kindness lifted my heart and returned to me some happy holiday spirits!

As a retired teacher, I do know how my students loved stacking crayons and pencils and remember how fun it is to be with your friends using like things and how upsetting it can be when they get lost, so I always tried to keep some extras on hand. 

7 color stacking crayons, available here.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own set of these for coloring fun and originally bought them as an Advent Calendar surprise gifts since they unstack and fit nicely into the containers I was using and of course, I kept some extras in case, some little ones should lose theirs!

What I Learned:

1.  The winter holidays are the most stressful time of year for me and I'm doing much better than last year.  I am grateful for friends, the many insights I've gained from Etsy buyers sharing their stories with me and from those insights the experiments I've tried and new habits I've practiced to find other ways to cope with stress.

2.  I've learned so much these past two years about my myself and how it relates to my own Hoarder Rehab and have made progress in leaps and bounds, baby steps and even backwards steps.  Next year, I hope to be able to better compile my progress, changed habits, and write about what has helped me and what did not.

3.  It has taken more time than I thought to dehoard and find new ways to reach my Hoarder Rehab goals, but I have found some other creative alternatives to hoarding as a way to relieve stress by experimenting and it does feel good to find other ways to destress besides retail therapy hoarding!

I hope to start sharing these creative outlets on a regular basis for the 2015 New Year too!

Advent Calendar Starter Kits are available at JunkDrawerAndMore here
and The Destiny of Things here
 
Thank you Etsy and Etsy buyers for your continued support and inspiring stories that keep me going and that give me insight into my hoarding ways!
 
Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things with your visits!
 
Click on the shop names to visit hoard listed: HoarderRehab with 188 items, The Destiny of Things- 183 items , VintageToGoEasy - 186 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 126 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!  
 
 Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Related Stories:


 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment