Friday, May 27, 2016

500 Mini Stickers and 2016 Date Stamper: The Destiny of Things, Story 381 & 382

500 Mini Stickers and 2016 Date Stamper:  The Destiny of Things, Story 381 & 382

Fun stickers for so many different projects!

Sheet of 500 mini stickers reward themed, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is one short and sweet note:

Great stickers! Perfect for my students and lots of them! Thanks so much 😉

Each sticker is about 1/2" square and there are 16 different designs and words to cheer you on before they repeat!  I used these in the classroom and gave each student a sheet of their own to reward their own good work.

Now I use them in my planner as reminder of daily habits I'm trying to make routine and as a little fun visual reward to count up at the end of the week to check my progress.

In the photo below, lower left hand corner, you can see the 16 different words and design to cheer you on!

Sheet of 500 mini stickers reward themed, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
And here is another note I received from another Etsy buyer and shop owner, using them differently:
 
Exactly what I needed for my project, now that I received it think I will just add these stickers to my collection. ♥ Thank you so much for the wonderful items.

I wonder what the project is or was, but I see they are now in a sticker collection!  Which reminds me of mine!  I haven't thought about my sticker collection in ages and I wonder where it is!  Which means there is another box lost in my hoard with years and years of my "saved" stickers which I've been collecting since childhood.

Imagine, all the vintage stickers I must have lost some where.... I have no idea where they might be.  I hope I didn't accidentally throw them out, however if I did accidentally throw them out, maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

2016 to 2025 mechanical date stamper, available here

Another note from the same Etsy buyer and shop owner:

Something I've been looking for, for the longest time came in promptly and surely handy for my daily Journal and office use. :) The kindest shop owner ever!! ♥
 
I wonder if her daily journal contains art or gratitude lists or writings of the highlight of the days.  That's what mine contains and I use this stamper on the days I do write or jot down art ideas in it.  Of course, I wonder what kind of office work too.

I'm not disciplined enough yet to write in mine daily, but I do try to write in it daily for about 3 days or when it gets busy at least once a week.

She bought this heart too.  I wonder if it's a gift for someone or herself, she didn't say.    This heart is sold out, but here's a silver one that's about the same size, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I am so happy my teacher destash is finding new lives and homes and the date stamper has become more popular than I ever thought could happen.  
 
Also, I have a lot of vintage heart pendants and charms collected over the years because since childhood I've collected little charms for my sterling and gold charm bracelets, but my favorites were the puffy and floating hearts from the 80s and 90s, remember those?  Later I thought was going to use in mixed media art, so I hope they find new lives too or whatever is left I'll use in my mixed media art.
 
I'm still not sure what to do with my sterling and gold charm bracelets from childhood.  Below are the kinds of puffy hearts I loved to collect while I was in college for my sterling charm bracelet, the reversible kind that reminded me of the Victorian era.
 
 During my college years, I used to wear this as a collar bar pin when I wore my Victorian tops I bought from thrift stores, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  Much of teacher destash have found new homes and I am so happy about it.  Lots have either sold out or I just have one more left to go!  Except for my lenticular rulers with multiplication family chars on them.  Now I need to feel better about letting go of my charm collection because it is huge and vast.  I've been starting with my sterling heart charms collection.
 
2,  Now I remember I have another collection to find.  My sticker collection.  Not another collection to deal with.....
 
3.  There's more I learned, but at the moment I can't think of them because I am too tired to think, remember and write more.

Here is a little 14k gold charm, like the ones I would collect for my gold charm bracelet collection, available here
 
Thank you Etsy buyer and kind shop owner from Crochet by Kathie.  Thank you for sharing your story and how you are using these items because it reminded me of my sticker collection.  I'd love to see your sticker collection.  
 
Also, thank you for reminding me to get in better habit with writing in my journal daily and using my date stamper.

Most of all, thank you for our new friendship!
 
Read her Etsy profile here.  Check out her shop and lovely crochet items that range from blankets, to clothing and kitchen accessories.  I've been eying her dish clothes, which look way to good to use for washing dishes and if I didn't already have a hoard of them I'd get some!  See the cuties here.  My all time favorites are the pastel lotus blossoms, here.  
 
I also love these fingerless gloves, here.  I love the color of this baby girl blanket set with headbands, here.  The flower and cute green button accent is so cute.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!  And this time, for all the friends I'm making.  I never thought that would happen.

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 Wedding or Anniversary bell reversible heart charm, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 180 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 178 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 176 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
Happy Friday and have a safe Memorial weekend holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment