Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Mermaid Pirate Party Decorations: The Destiny of Things, Story 383

Mermaid Pirate Party Decorations:  The Destiny of Things, Story 383

So happy these are making memories for the younger generations!

30 or 50 or 100 little mermaid pirate drink or cake toppers, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is the fun email I received:

So cute used them as drink markers for our daughters birthday.  It was mermaid & pirate themed!  Thank you!

I wonder how many party guests took their mermaids home for a memory souvenir!

30 or 50 or 100 little mermaid pirate drink or cake toppers, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 

Traditionally these are used as cocktail drink decoration toppers or drink hangers or huggers or cocktail piks as they used to call them back in the day.  Today, many are being used as cupcake and cake toppers or so I've been told through emails.

I've also been told they have been used for many different kinds of themed parties and weddings from mermaid pirate to mermaid fairy to Day of the Dead, Frida Kahlo and la sirena, nautical, Bohemian beach, fiesta beach, under the sea and for summer pool parties.

30 or 50 or 100 little mermaid pirate drink or cake toppers, available here
If you need less than 30, they are available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  I've been collecting these for decades and many of mine are vintage in colors that are more difficult to find these days, like pale pink and light blue.  And of course, I have my own stash of various colors for my mixed media art.

 All green mermaids seem to be very popular.  Perhaps for Peter Pan parties?
All green mermaids,available here
photo via The Destiny of Things

What I Learned:

1.  Many of my favorite things from childhood and from my hoard collection have become quite popular at our shops and these little mermaids are one of them!  I remember them from my childhood Shirley Temples from restaurants!

2.  I started collecting them for my mixed media art to add a pop of color and because they can hang from almost anything and can easily be move around.

Here she is on the crown where she at the helm overlooking all or you can move her someone where else.  I've been starting to make interchangeable interactive art because I often get tired of something and want to switch items around, so now you can too, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for sharing how you used your mini mermaids because every time they find new homes I'm always wondering if they will be cake or drink toppers or plant jewelry or how else?  Someone will always find a new way to use them and I hope they share it! 

Also, I am so happy these are bringing back memories for some and making new ones for others!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 Here she is moved to the right side of the heart wing for angel style, but sometimes she moves over to the left side wing for devil style! Ha! Available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I've been routinely relisting daily and hopefully will new list items soon because it takes me longer to relist now, since the format has changed with the new shop roll out.  I don't know what happened to the old format with it's simple, quick and easy relisting system because now 2-3 extra steps have been added just to relist.

I am still postponing my exercise plan for next because over the weekend, we went to the Picasso - Calder Art Exhibit in Desert Palms,which was also, not so good for my allergies due to the special lights they use to not damage the paintings, so I am in recovery mode.  I plan to write a review about that art gallery too!  So stay tuned.
 
Today my mind is somewhere else because one of my relatives was in surgery all morning getting a double lung transplant.  I also have sciatica on my left side now and this time, it makes both my arms either numb or really heavy or like my funny bone has been hit constantly.  Very weird, so it's back to yoga!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 182 items, The Destiny of Things- 189 items, VintageToGoEasy - 180 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
This listing comes with two pieces of art.  One is interchangeable and interactive, as you can see to the left and the other piece is done and ready to switch in or out of the framed nicho.  The stationary piece of art is the one in the nicho, as shown in the photo, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:


2.  Mini Pirate Mermaid Tooth Fairy Treasure Chests:  The Destiny of Things, Story 371  something else to add to your mermaid pirate party!  




30 or 50 or 100 little mermaid pirate drink or cake toppers, available here
If you need less than 30, they are available here
photo via Etsy buyer

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold."  Arthur Yorinks

No comments:

Post a Comment