Friday, June 3, 2016

Mini Madonna and Child Statue Charm Pendant: The Destiny of Things, Story 384

Mini Madonna and Child Statue Charm Pendant:  The Destiny of Things, Story 384

This teeny tiny piece went to a collector!

This teeny tiny charm has sold out, but one like it is here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Sometimes when Etsy buyers make reasonable offers and are polite, I make them a deal.  This is one example.  Here is my email:

Hi there!
Thank you for your email and inquiry! Yes, I will consider your offer for this mini mini charm if you would take the time and let me know your "back" story of the reason you are purchasing it, so I can write about it on my Hoarder Rehab blog.
 

It may sound odd, but as a recovering hoarder it's such a relief to know and it gives me insight and clues to why I hoard when I write about it.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Best regards,
Kennedy
 

PS. For example, it's a baptism gift or just for you, etc.
hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/

This teeny tiny charm has sold out, but one like it in copper is here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is what she wrote back:

Hi Kennedy :) First, thank you for accepting my offer and secondly the charm is for me. I am a huge "Mary" fan, I can't explain it she just comforts me. Good luck to you on your path! 

Kindest regards,
Etsy buyer 

 This teeny tiny charm has sold out, but one like it as a sterling medal is here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye: As a recovering hoarder, some things are harder to let go than others and my charm collection seems to be some of the last things I'm having difficulties letting go of and I have no clue why.

My sterling charm collection most likely has over 100-200 charms in it and I can barely get myself to list any of them!  I especially like the ones that open and or move.

Mini Mother and Child religious medal, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  It's much easier for me to let go of my religious medal collection than my sterling bracelet charms and I don't know why, so I'll need to explore that area of my life soon.

2.  At least bracelet charms don't take up a whole lot of room and can easily be stored and organized in several drawers!

3.  As a child I collected them because my Grandmother had a souvenir charm bracelet from all her adventures from travels around the world and she'd often bring me one home from her travels too.  I just loved to play with her bracelet.

4.  Later I collected them to make my religious mixed media folk art for friends and family for holiday gifts.  Below is one I made for myself due to have a brown thumb when it comes to gardening.


Garden milagro sterling charm cross, available here

5.  I made a Lover's cross for my brother, which he returned when he found and married his true love.  We've also made a car cross, sailing nautical cross and a housewarming cross to bless a friend's new home.

I had intended to make several other crosses, but my brother was the one that made the crosses from my Grandfather's stack of oak destash and when my brother moved far away, the projects got put on hold and is still on hold!

6.  Wow, this post has brought back some memories of my brother's and I projects.  I think I still have several of these crosses somewhere in my hoard waiting to create into religious folk art with my hoard of charms.

7.  This Etsy buyer is very lucky to find comfort in such a small object!  I do understand all too well about the Etsy buyer being a "Mary" fan and having an unexplainable comfort from them.  

As a recovering hoarder, I do feel so much more comfortable with my hoard around me, but little by little I am starting to feel more at home with less and less around me.

Also, since I'm allergic to dust, there is less and less to maintain around the house and now there's more space in the house, so I can start working on emptying my truck, which is full to the brim and get a smaller truck or car.

 Religious folk art lover's cross mixed media art, available here


Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for striking a deal with me, which brought back several old memories of my art projects with my brother.  Maybe I'm getting closer to why I am having such difficulties letting go of my charm collection.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 7 Saint scapular religious medal pendant with Mother & child, available here

I'm relisting daily and hopefully will new list items soon because it takes me longer to relist now, since the format has changed with the new shop roll out.  I don't know what happened to the old format with it's simple, quick and easy relisting system because now 2-3 extra steps have been added just to relist. 
 
Today my mind is still with one of my relatives who had surgery getting a double lung transplant.  He is seems to recovering quite successfully and quickly and is already able to take some short walks with assistance. 
 
My sciatica which is usually on my right side is now on left side and this time, it makes both my arms either numb or really heavy or like my funny bone has been hit constantly.  Daily yoga is helping it tremendously.
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 178 items, The Destiny of Things- 187 items, VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 173 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 This tiny sterling Madonna and child medal is available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:









Happy Friday!  Thank you for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment