Friday, August 16, 2013

Love Heart Charms: The Destiny of Things, Story #105

Love Heart Charms:  The Destiny of Things, Story #105

A repeat buyer story!



This Etsy buyer bought the floral religious medals and out of the blue returned to buy these love heart charms!  I was so surprised, they left so quickly!


I think they were only listed for a day!  I had took a double take and sure enough they were ordered and gone to Di again!  Thank you Di!



Saying Good- bye:  I had no attachment to these and can't remember how I got them, except back when I was collecting charms, ahem--- during my three year buying spree--- I bought a lot of charm bracelets and necklaces because it was just as expensive sometimes.  Cost effective.

Anyway, I'm so happy they went to Di who interchanges her jewelry to mix and match!  She said she has already gotten a lot of compliments wearing them.

What I Learned:

1.  My charm collection might be as vast as my religious medal and cross collection.  I started to collect charms as a child after my Grandmother gave me a gold charm bracelet and when gold got expensive I switched to silver, so now I have two full bracelets and many waiting to be attached! 

I also collected charms for my art projects, like my garden cross which can be seen here.  I used a sterling garden bench, dandelion and beaver.  Each charm on that cross has symbolic meaning, inside jokes and memories in them for me.

I had many different charms collected to make more, for example, a sailing cross for my uncle who enjoyed sailing often.  A race car cross for a friend that designed race cars, etc.  I even made a lover's cross for a relative to find "true love", which I call the lover's cross.  It is here.

2.  It took me a decade or so to realize it, but my art projects lasted about two years and then I'd move on to the next one.  In hindsight I most likely I might have spent more time "collecting things" for these art projects, rather than creating them!

For many years I used to be a collector of "idea" art and the stuff needed to make them.  I am changing that now due to some conversations with a kind Etsyian.  I work daily on dehoarding and look forward to enjoying an organized and spacious music art room!  Also, I've been practicing other stress release activities, like washi tape collage cards, instead of retail therapy.  See my new outlet here and here!

Thank you Di for taking more items off my hands and giving them useful lives!  Thank you for the pictures of the finished product of the floral religious medals.  The whole gift is so thoughtful and beautiful!  I've been writing the update on the floral religious medals, but techless me needs to learn how to download them from the application of a slide show or something.  Anyways, I can't download them the way I know how.

Thank you Etsy for helping me make more room in my house.  I can see progress in many corners and the boxes in the music art room aren't stacked to the ceiling in rows of two anymore and there is a path big enough to use a vacuum!

Thank you US, Australia, UK, Serbia, China, Malaysia and Russia for your visits the past few days and taking part in my HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Click on the shop names to see my hoard: VintageToGoEtsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!

Next week, I will be adding more of my charm collection and my childhood bead collection too!

Do you collect charms and if so, which ones are your favorites?  Mine are the moveable ones!

Most Read Story of the Week:  Miswak Twig:  My Instant Organic Toothbrush

Most Read Story of the Month and All TimeMy Louis Vuitton Collection  My last piece of my Louis Vuitton collections is here, all offers considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment